IGNORED

Advice for buying

LucarelliZ

The lower front end parts are different on a 280z but with an airdam they look like a 240z. The bumpers are different and the tail lights and front turn signals are different. The rear tail lights are the only real difference if you try to make a 280z look like a 240z.

I agree with Av8ferg above!

Since your in an apartment then I would try to get the best 280z you can that actually runs and drives. Don't buy a car that "runs & drive" but hasn't been driven regularly. Many times people get these cars running again to sell, but they can have lots of problems that can be frustrating to diagnose.

The S30 market is very hot right now, even for the 280z. If you find the right car you need to be prepared to go look at it and buy it if it's the right one. If you can reach out to some members local to the car or local to you would be a good way to get educated and help you sort cars. You can also post up cars her for us to critique

• Like 1

The xenon does look nice! I’m definitely wanting to do something like that. Possibly even do a wide-body on the one I don’t plan on keeping stock. But these are dreams right now haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like an early 240 with a late 280z hood. Be sure and post up the VIN when you look at it. Check for the data plates and the vin on the dash and the firewall. Check the usual rust areas for signs of patches or filler. Looks to be freshly painted

I agree with Charles on it being a '70 or '71 with a later hood.  Fender & roof side emblems missing, front and rear window trim missing, marker lights and bumpers off, new paint could be covering a lot of history.  Check body panels with a magnet for Bondo.

Dennis 

4 hours ago, LucarelliZ said:

Found this one recently in the same town as me. Supposed to see it soon. Thoughts? IMG_1691.jpgIMG_1690.jpgIMG_1692.jpg

A lot of missing parts.  Those little parts are hard to find, even if some are in a bag that comes with the car you might end up missing some.

I agree with Charles on it being a '70 or '71 with a later hood.  Fender & roof side emblems missing, front and rear window trim missing, marker lights and bumpers off, new paint could be covering a lot of history.  Check body panels with a magnet for Bondo.
Dennis 

1971 240. Supposedly a rust-free California car. I will see when I check it out. Guy is asking 13.4k, definitely will try to talk him down given the missing parts etc. does it look like it’s been repainted to anyone?

A lot of missing parts.  Those little parts are hard to find, even if some are in a bag that comes with the car you might end up missing some.

I’m not super worried about parts, as I have 3 parts cars.