IGNORED

1970 240z restoration engine ideas

1 hour ago, donnie.petway said:

The vin number is HLS30-12186

I couldn't find any number stamp on the engine though 

there is a flat pad on the upper left corner of the block on the passenger side. There are numbers engraved in it. They can be difficult to read sometimes

As has been noted above this does look like a late 70 or early 71. (possibly sold as a 71) The vin collaborates that as well. There is usually a build date plate inside the drivers door jam that will have a month / year when the car was built. My guess is Nov or Dec of 1970

The Drivers side strut tower should have a vin plate screwed on that will have the vin number and engine number. The stamp on the motor should be found in the circled area. You might have to clean it off some to see it. 

I have seen vin plates missing, or painted over.  All this will tell you is if the engine is original to the car. If it is they are worth more being left that way, again as mentioned above.

engine.jpg

All in all it looks unmolested, I would keep it that way if it were mine. I do also understand the allure to add big HP and mod it up. 

I'd say we ^ would just like to help you make a more informed decision on what to do with it, as that was your original question. Ultimately it is your choice. 

• Like 2

I checked the door it was manufactured in October 1970 I also found the plate on the engine sadly it's very dirty and I have nothing to scrape the rust. Should I go ahead and rebuild the suspension and brakes before I get into the engine that way it's already done?