IGNORED

Looking to buy a Datsun 240z

AngelaZiegler

Hello! I’m not sure if this is the place where I’d be posting about this, but I found an okay Datsun 240z for $4,000 off the site “http://www.eautostock.com/“ and was wondering if anyone has delt with them before and are they reputable or safe? I’ve done some research and I can only really see good reviews, but I just wanted some more input Incase y’all had any. They ship the car to me for a 10 day inspection period and if I like the car, I can buy it, if not I can decline the sale and they will take it back to there warehouse. Thank you guys and gals for any input on the site. ?

Edited by AngelaZiegler

I have never heard of them before.

But this sets off all kinds of alarm bells for me.  I would never send somebody money and then hope they ship me the car.

Nobody will ship a car to you at their expense and then come take it back if you don't like it.

Finding a good 240Z for $4K today is also hard to believe.

Your signature says you are in California.  You should be able to find good 240Z's out there, that you could go see in person.  That is the best way to buy these cars.  Take your time, and wait for the right one that you can buy directly from the owner.

Edited by Marty Rogan
  • Like 2

There doesn't seem to be any risk to the buyer, in the beginning. Seems like the buyer could opt out of the eAutotrader thing and the seller has to pay their commission.

The process is absolutely FREE! for buyers, all fees associated to any transaction is deducted from our commission.

On Craigslist or Oodle, the seller lists the item for sale and answer questions from potential buyers. After an agreement is reached, the Buyer must Register on our website. If a new price is negotiated with the seller, it must be specified in the Registration Form as the "Purchase Price". After registration, we will contact the seller and verify if all the information is accurate. An invoice will be sent to the Buyers e-mail address provided in the registration form. This information will be kept private as stated in our Privacy Policy.

It's basically like eBay and PayPal.

https://www.eautostock.com/consignment-centralstore/forbuyers.html

our service is absolutely free for buyers, we don't charge a penny more than the price originally listed. We deduct all fees necessary (shipping, handling, listing fees, etc) from our commission. There are no hidden fees.

2 hours ago, AngelaZiegler said:

Hello! I’m not sure if this is the place where I’d be posting about this, but I found an okay Datsun 240z for $4,000 off the site “http://www.eautostock.com/“ ?

I don't see that they list the stock on their web site.  It's supposed to start with Craigslist or some other online marketplace.  Where did you find it?

On Craigslist or Oodle, the seller lists the item for sale and answer questions from potential buyers. After an agreement is reached, the Buyer must Register on our website. If a new price is negotiated with the seller, it must be specified in the Registration Form as the "Purchase Price". After registration, we will contact the seller and verify if all the information is accurate. An invoice will be sent to the Buyers e-mail address provided in the registration form. This information will be kept private as stated in our Privacy Policy.

https://www.eautostock.com/consignment-centralstore/checkstock.html

@Zed Head Well I had messaged an "owner" so I had thought through Oodle and then the "eAutoStock" trader sent me an email with a reply saying that if I am interested in the car they can send me a stock number, so I typed in the stock number on the site and its a really good 240z for 4k, like too good to be true 240z type good. and then they would send the car over for 10 days so I could inspect it. I can send you the stock number since I most likely will be avoiding this incase it is a scam.