Terrapin Z

71 at Copart in Arlington WA

Yeah I really wish there was some recourse @87mj but since this was a salvage yard and they have specific language in the agreement that everything is sold as-is and with no promises, they also only deal in cash, I'm assuming so people don't really have that option.

So I did end up picking up a '73 240 that I went to see in person this time. Still have some repairs to be done, but I am holding on the first car for parts and reference as I start to restore this one. It did definitely help having taken apart the first one already and kind know what to expect.  Thanks for the replt.

• Like 1

You really have no recourse against Copart, credit card or not. I buy cars using my credit card but the fees are higher when using a credit card. It's an auction and an auction for salvage cars. So buyer beware!!

• Like 1

Sorry to see how rusty and beat up the car is, especially since it's an early car.

The moral we all need to keep in mind:

Get someone to look the car over directly. Post the request on here if you don't know anyone nearby. Otherwise, assume the worst.

• Like 1