IGNORED

350Z, incorrect name?

datto_240z

Shouldn't the new "350Z" be called the "350ZX"?

I base this on the fact that Nissan called the "280ZX" a "ZX" because it used a different body design to the privious models. And if im not mistaken the "350Z" looks conpletely different to the "300ZX". If no-one can answer this question, can you please tell me the Nissan Australia/Japan e-mail?

There's another perspective without the oppressing negativism. Nissan was trying to get back to where they were with the 240z? They purposely dropped the X to because they knew it confused the casual consumer and irritated the purist.

Face it, people: Times change. Attidudes change. Products have to change.

steve(not gigantically in love with them, not going to own one, but welcome them into the family and not going to rail at them at every opportunity)77

Let's face it you can't drive a 240z everyday. I mean I do but to be completely honest I'd prefer to drive a car like a 350z on a daily basis. Fuel injection , power steering , air con and all the other nicities make it a daily car. Not the race car the 240z is. I luv my 240z I'd rather own it over a Porsche of the same Era even if I had a choice I'd go a Z everytime. In fact I like them so much it's probably the only car that I'd pick under the $250,000 mark :classic: . You might think I'm nuts crazy or stupid but the Z is so versatile and modern in many ways. It's got the timeless shape and all.

Anyway my point is the 350z is a good performer and it's got all the items neccessary to make it a good seller. You can drive it daily and it has some of the styling cues of the early car. Oh and it looks less like a boat than the ZX's did.

Just my opinion,