BayAreaZ650

Picking up a 1977 280z 6 Hours Away. Tips?

Hi fellas,

Just a few questions regarding the suspension install. 

-How do you disconnect the rack and pinion from the steering rod? I removed the tie rod ends and the four bolts securing the rack and pinion. It’s steering rod is stuck on. Are there bolts to remove?

- How do you remove the rear struts? I see the 3 bolts securing the strut in the trunk area. Where else do I need to unbolt at?

- How do you remove the tie rod ends? It’s stuck on pretty good. I’m thinking having the steering rack out will help. 

Thank you!

Hi everyone,

i finally completed the suspension upgrade for my Z! Thank you to everyone who gave me advice and tips on the install. Here’s a photo of the Z with 205/60/15.

Is there a trick to installing the Konig hubcaps on the front?

Id like to add the BRE spoiler and Air Dam. Does the Official BRE spoiler for better than the MSA spoiler with two bolts? Do you guys have a recommendation on where to get the Air Dam with Brake Ducts?

146468E7-B14A-4016-A06B-7C5C9927E635.jpeg

Edited by BayAreaZ650
    • Like 1

I tapped my grease caps with a rubber hammer pretty hard until those center caps stayed on. I read on here a few days ago somebody used 1/8" spacers on the front to let them fit without denting the grease caps like I did.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, siteunseen said:

I tapped my grease caps with a rubber hammer pretty hard until those center caps stayed on. I read on here a few days ago somebody used 1/8" spacers on the front to let them fit without denting the grease caps like I did.

I tried this yesterday using brute force and some of the fins that lock the cap unto the wheel broke 😂

I maybe confused you. Don't pound the plastic covers. The metal ones that go over the castle nut and bearings was what I did.

I'm sorry for any confusion. I hope you didn't break the center caps?