IGNORED

Bolt-in LED headlights?

chaseincats

1 minute ago, SteveJ said:

H4 lights are your alternative. The problem is that if you have dirty connectors or a dirty switch, light output will be diminished due to the voltage drop. That's why a lot of us have installed relays into our cars.

I thought it was only the early 240s that didn't have that headlight relay; 280s are also missing it?

Unrelated - what if I were to get an h4 housing but use h4 connector led bulbs like this - https://www.amazon.com/ICBEAMER-Canbus-Headlight-Replace-Halogen/dp/B07HCTQJMV/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=led+bulb+h4&qid=1551296553&s=automotive&sr=1-7 ?

The 240Z headlight upgrade harness was designed for and only for the 240Z. No simple modifications will allow it to be plug and play on the 260Z or 280Z. 

I used to make a Hard-wire version of the headlight upgrade harness as well as a plug and play 260Z/280Z harness but only when the customer could find and send me the connectors from a donor 260Z/280Z harness.

They are super hard to find and making the Hard-wire version HLH is just not in the cards at the moment.

A 240Z HLH can be modified for a hard-wire install if you wanna cut the connectors off. Or additional connectors and terminals can be added to the 260Z and up to 76' 280Z to make the harness plug and play. 

A newer option is this link from Hagerty as to another LED.    .  https://vintagecarleds.com

I haven't  investigated very deep yet but I know they make a 7",  although they don't list Datsun or Nissan in their search.  They say they have a 99% fitment and I think phone call will answer more detail.

Edited by gwri8

56 minutes ago, gwri8 said:

A newer option is this link from Hagerty as to another LED.    .  https://vintagecarleds.com

I haven't  investigated very deep yet but I know they make a 7",  although they don't list Datsun or Nissan in their search.  They say they have a 99% fitment and I think phone call will answer more detail.

Cooled by a 4,000 rpm brushless fan or an external heatsink according to the write up.  Must get quite hot.

Dennis

8 hours ago, psdenno said:

Cooled by a 4,000 rpm brushless fan or an external heatsink according to the write up.  Must get quite hot.

Dennis

All of the LED headlights I have played with have good sized heat sinks. The LED bulbs I installed in my daily driver have fans. All lights generate heat by nature. With the semiconductors, it's important to prevent the heat from building up too much.