IGNORED

best 205/60/15

kully 560

anybody running this size 195/65 r15 tire ? I am looking for new rubber and currently have 205/60 r15 on the car but there is more of a choice in this 195/65r15 size to pick from. I think it will fit fine as it is just a tad taller and a tad thinner in width. looking for some comments on that size thanks

Found 25 tires in 205/50 x15 at Tire Rack. Lots of selection. One of the best IMHO is the Continental Extreme Contact Sport. I have these on my 280Z ( 225/50 x 16 ) and I am very impressed. Awesome grip wet or dry. Very quite and comfortable. Decent price as well. Only $96.99 per tire. Which for a Max Performance Summer Tire is very good.  205/50 x 15 is a nice size for a Z as well. 

Tire Rack 205/50 x15

Continental Extreme Contact Sport 205/50 x15

Edited by Chickenman

Just now, kully 560 said:

thanks for the help chickenman  but your 205/55 r15 is 1.2 " lower in the ride height . I have  to watch my exhaust clearance with the header and my  early 260z has a 1983 zx tranny in it and the speedo is very close to rite on. the closest other size is a 195/65 r15 which has more of a selection. plus we all know how these old z ride and a little more sidewall in the tire helps also. I have been looking on tire rack and the continental true contact does make 195/65 r15 also a 185/65 r15 both h rated speed . looks like a great tire .

I use Michelin Premier. Pretty happy after about 1000 miles. Car sits on Tokico lowering springs (1.25” on this car”).

72 body and block, everything else 71, Tokico springs, Illumina, R180 CLSD, 83 close ratio, 3.90 gears, Ztherapy SUs, BRE 15X7 Libre wheels and BRE front spoiler.