IGNORED

240z - fabbing new front rails

ConVerTT

Didn't meant to leave Bertha out of the mix. Nice shop made edge former! You make that?

10 hours ago, ConVerTT said:

I have a garage full of misfires?.  I guess I should post those too!

Absolutely not. It would set a bad precedent. There are many of us who's first attempt(s) at a project goes.... ummm.... unmentioned.   LOL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Didn't meant to leave Bertha out of the mix. Nice shop made edge former! You make that?

Absolutely not. It would set a bad precedent. There are many of us who's first attempt(s) at a project goes.... ummm.... unmentioned.   LOL

Haha - good point for sure !

The bead roller started out as a Princess Auto (Harbor Freight basically) special.   It was junk.  I kept the dies and started over.  Gears are from Boston Gear, Motor was pulled from an electric hoist.  It was a fun project on it’s own! 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Well nice work on that bead roller, and nice work on applying the tools you have as well. The metal work that you have been doing is great. Way beyond my pay grade.

I made a little press brake I use on the hydraulic press... Does that count for anything?   LOL

P1110220.JPG

Hey Captain - the mini brake is fantastic!  I will be copying that!  Plenty of times that I need a 4 inch piece and cand be bothered to drag out the 4 ft bender.

Making tools is fun - it could become a whole separate (probably expensive) hobby for me.