IGNORED

Vintage Air Gen II mini Install

qz16

Trying to get my bearings as regards your photos.  You talk about the cowl....I'm thinking you don't mean the center escutcheon vent which is what I believe your modified piece in the photo butts up against?  I just don't remember reading about anything called a 'cowl' so excuse my unfamiliarity.  Is that black mesh a filter of some sort?

I hate to repeat everything I’ve already posted, so look in my build thread and search Gen II and you will see all the steps I took to install the system. I have the defroster type too, so two more vents on top behind the other three.

mepiazza,

I think you may be confused.  The cowl vent that I am speaking about is not part of the vintage air system.  It is the hole for the original 240z system.  Fresh air entered the heater/defrost system via the cowl.  There is a plate /panel between the hood and the windshield.  It cover the windshield wiper motor and arms.  Air entered the original heater/defrost system via a square/rectangular hole located on the passenger side.  It should be visible if you have your dash out.  If you dont seal off this hole - air, leaves debris, rain can enter the cabin.  My dash is now installed but I can try to get an image of the area if you are unable to spot it on your car.  The middle oval outlet on the vintage air system is for your middle vent located in the center of your dash. 

Regards,

ron 

mepiazza,

just looked through the thread again and found one of the images that shows the hole that I am speaking about.

ac_hose_routing_side.jpg

At the top of the above image is a rectangular silver piece of metal with two for the 4 screws that hold it visible.  This covers the hole below the cowl.

regards,

ron

mepiazza,

regarding the hoses.  I purchased them from vintage air.  Yes they do mount reasonably well on the oval.  The ovals have a raised piece of plastic, just a nub, that catches one or more of the steel re-enforcements in the hose.  At the vent end it also mates well.  I dont recall how it exactly is fastened but it is fairly obvious once you actually start to work with it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, qz16 said:

mepiazza,

just looked through the thread again and found one of the images that shows the hole that I am speaking about.

ac_hose_routing_side.jpg

At the top of the above image is a rectangular silver piece of metal with two for the 4 screws that hold it visible.  This covers the hole below the cowl.

regards,

ron

Dude... You painted your rubber vent air duct... The next guy that's sticks his head up under your dash is gonna see that. What the heck...