IGNORED

Hello

jonbill

Hello,

I've been reading the forum for a long time and I'm overdue introducing myself.

I'm Jon, I'm in the UK and have had my 260z since 2002.

For the most part I've been keeping it in good standard shape but for the last few years I've been in a bit of a performance improving cycle prompted by a bit of drag racing.

Hopefully I can stop soon. [emoji102]

Here's a pic of it.

DSC_0152.jpeg

• Like 1

What in the world is under the hood or is that 1/8th mile?
No, 1/4 mile [emoji4]. Its an L28 taken out to 2.9 with a modified P90 head and a big cam. Triple Dellorto carbs, zstory race exhaust. Its been about 3 years of fettling but it runs nicely on the road and the track now.
The engine bay has a lived in look.
DSC_0085.jpeg

4 hours ago, jonbill said:

No, 1/4 mile emoji4.png. Its an L28 taken out to 2.9 with a modified P90 head and a big cam. Triple Dellorto carbs, zstory race exhaust. Its been about 3 years of fettling but it runs nicely on the road and the track now.
The engine bay has a lived in look.
DSC_0085.jpeg

Wow! I used to run my 396 Chevelle in the 13s. Dipping down into the12s takes some work. Stock trans and rear end?

I swapped to an s13 fs5w71c gearbox about 3 years ago, just because it came up cheap and I fancied learning how to rebuild one. I'm using the original 3.7 r200 but put a Quaife in last year, which shaved about 0.3 seconds off.
I think next on the wishlist is the AZC or TTT drop links & dog bone kit for the rear suspension mounts. I think I have some movement back there on hard starts. And I do have a finned diff rear cover I'm looking for an excuse to use.

• Like 2