Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Unfortunately I don't see a way to make it this year. Cody will be out of the country and I am getting pummeled with unexpected bills. Just don't have the money right now, even for a quick trip. Have fun and be safe!

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I don't think I'm going to make it this year either. It's been a good run of consecutive years, but this one is going to be a year off.

For those of you that are going, please take lots of pics, mingle lots, and gather up some great stories to share with us from the event!!!

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

And I don't think I'm going to make it this year either. It's been a good run of consecutive years, but this one is going to be a year off.

For those of you that are going, please take lots of pics, mingle lots, and gather up some great stories to share with us from the event!!!

 

2 hours ago, Patcon said:

Unfortunately I don't see a way to make it this year. Cody will be out of the country and I am getting pummeled with unexpected bills. Just don't have the money right now, even for a quick trip. Have fun and be safe!

Bummer that you guys won't be there  😭.  Looks like @Zup  , @jayhawkand I will have to hold the fort on the flat top team.  Will be sure to post pics so you guys can live the event with us.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dang----

I will really miss seeing and talking with you again Bruce, Gary, Charles and Cody, Steve J., Gary W., Wayne, Mike W. and Alex and so many, many more that may not make this Zcon. Great recent memories, but more to come next year at Nashville!

Yes---the torch will be carried by Rich, Bob and I!

Can't wait to get with you guys at Branson!!!!

Safe travels in your journey East!

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like more nays than yays. This will be my first, looking forward to zeeing some z's.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, it's unfortunate that I'll miss this one. Was really looking forward to the group meeting of the Flat Top Advanced Research and Development Society.

So if I'm not there... Can I count on someone else to do something stupid in my absence? Is @siteunseen gonna be there? He'd have my back on that.   ROFL

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cliff might be busy doing the final buff on the Camry to make the 560 mi. trek to Branson.  :ph34r:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an outstanding arrest warrant in Branson so I'm not going to poke that bear.

We have a very different opinion of the meaning of "inspiration".  I went up their Inspiration Tower and took a whizz off the top.  They didn't see it as an inspiration, it was indecent exposure and public intoxication to them. :finger:  

14.jpg

July Fool's Day. B)

I'm zapped from this heat and humidity, most likely run off the road and crash if I tried to drive 600 miles.

Nashville for me too @Captain Obvious

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Hibanking said:

Sounds like more nays than yays. This will be my first, looking forward to zeeing some z's.

You will be very glad you went.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, siteunseen said:

I have an outstanding arrest warrant in Branson so I'm not going to poke that bear.

July Fool's Day. B)

Who here believe it was July Fool's Day? Show of hands?   :tapemouth:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really wanted to make it to Branson this year.  I'm sure that anyplace that has a warrant out for Cliff must definitely be a party town worth going to...:beer:  and I have family near there and could have made good use of a trip that way,  but the gods (roofers, doctors, car dealers, insurance folks, etc..) said no (actually they said Hell NO!).   Anyway , I'm aiming for NashVegas next year also.  That's close enough that I'm sure Cliff has left some tracks there so it will be fun for sure.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2019 at 6:00 PM, gwri8 said:

I really wanted to make it to Branson this year.  I'm sure that anyplace that has a warrant out for Cliff must definitely be a party town worth going to...:beer:  and I have family near there and could have made good use of a trip that way,  but the gods (roofers, doctors, car dealers, insurance folks, etc..) said no (actually they said Hell NO!).   Anyway , I'm aiming for NashVegas next year also.  That's close enough that I'm sure Cliff has left some tracks there so it will be fun for sure.

Yes I was there a few times 30 yesrs ago. Some school a girl went to?

My for sure is I drive 30 minutes and get on I-65 North for 5 hours? and I'm there. Sounds boring I know but super camouflage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

Yes I was there a few times 30 yesrs ago. Some school a girl went to?

My for sure is I drive 30 minutes and get on I-65 North for 5 hours? and I'm there. Sounds boring I know but super camouflage. 

It's a ways off, but if you can make it and I can make it,  maybe we could hook up with SteveJ and the Georgia gang somewhere around Chattanooga'ish and have us a caravan. I'm sure we'll all be carrying enough spare parts to build a whole car if need be.🧞‍♂️

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gwri8 said:

It's a ways off, but if you can make it and I can make it,  maybe we could hook up with SteveJ and the Georgia gang somewhere around Chattanooga'ish and have us a caravan. I'm sure we'll all be carrying enough spare parts to build a whole car if need be.🧞‍♂️

I just need a spare tire. ROFL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So my outlook is bleak . Dropped my car off at the paint shop 4 weeks ago and it’s still not done . Just some touch up work . I was told it would be done this week - but nooooo.

Wasnt looking forward to the heat, but didn’t even notice the indoor venue before . That would be nice ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Packed up and ready to go. 8hrs to Birmingham tomorrow then 8 more to branson on Monday. Hopefully not to much rain. Look for the lime green 240. If its not there I'm somewhere between Florida and Missouri

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's some horrible road construction going on around "malfunction junction" in Birmingham, where I-59 meets I-65.  Go slow and watch out for those temporary but humongous road patches.  Enjoy the drive.  Be sure and find our two Jims from Arkansas, they know Branson well and are super nice guys.

Image result for zcon 2018 Zup S30driver

Image result for zcon 2018 Zup S30driver

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wife and I arrived in Branson late last night. We are planning on doing some sightseeing and catching some shows before ZCON ramps up.  @jayhawk will be visiting family in Kansas before bringing his car down Tuesday AM.  Looking forward to a great show and meeting up with old friends.  Also, if anyone coming to Branson has a spare one of those plastic things that secures coil wires to radiator , I could use one (for the car that is).

Thanks,  Rich

 

Edited by motorman7
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.