IGNORED

Best place to find a Z?

calvinhg

So far I've been only looking at local Craigslist to stay updated on Z prices, with new post alerts sent to my email.

But I wonder, is there a better place to find a Z? I am aware of the For Sale and the Internet Finds forums. Problem is that's over the whole US, sometimes Canada, and not only S30s.

It doesn't necessarily have to contain only road-ready Zs, as I don't mind learning. I'd love to hear where y'all found your Z.

Also, I'd rather it were based in Texas, or someplace close by... Am I asking for too much?

PS: I'm not actively looking for one, I just wanna know if I should be watching other markets ^_^

6 hours ago, lordkarma88 said:

PS: I'm not actively looking for one, I just wanna know if I should be watching other markets ^_^

Decide how far you are willing to drive to see or pick up a car and start looking in those states as well, if there is a car that is too far away have a look on the members map to see if one of our members lives close enough to go have a look at it for you.

I'm not actively looking for a Z at the moment either but I watch Craiglist, kijiji and Bat just i case,  don't want to miss out:rolleyes:

• Like 2

Look anywhere you want to find at Z.  However, if you are serious, it will all come down to how badly you want it. 

In the search for my 240Z way back in 2003, I was in arguably the ideal part of the country to find one: Southern California. That said, I had very specific parameters (red or orange with original paint, low miles, no rust, crack-free dash, to name a few).  Unfortunately I was not having much luck finding one nearby.  I searched for cars on Hemmings Motor News and found a couple of promising leads in the New York State and New Jersey Area.  I flew across the country to see them.  They were nice, but it my gut told me to pass.  A few weeks later, an orange '72 was advertised on Hemmings in Kansas.  I met the original owner, who purchased the car for his wife on Mother's Day 1972.  Aside from a few door dings from being a lower mileage (~35K original) garage queen around children with bikes, it was a solid car. He kept the original wheels and tires, which was a nice bonus.  We struck a fair deal for both parties and I had it shipped back to California.

• Like 1

Look anywhere you want to find at Z.  However, if you are serious, it will all come down to how badly you want it. 
In the search for my 240Z way back in 2003, I was in arguably the ideal part of the country to find one: Southern California. That said, I had very specific parameters (red or orange with original paint, low miles, no rust, crack-free dash, to name a few).  Unfortunately I was not having much luck finding one nearby.  I searched for cars on Hemmings Motor News and found a couple of promising leads in the New York State and New Jersey Area.  I flew across the country to see them.  They were nice, but it my gut told me to pass.  A few weeks later, an orange '72 was advertised on Hemmings in Kansas.  I met the original owner, who purchased the car for his wife on Mother's Day 1972.  Aside from a few door dings from being a lower mileage (~35K original) garage queen around children with bikes, it was a solid car. He kept the original wheels and tires, which was a nice bonus.  We struck a fair deal for both parties and I had it shipped back to California.
Wow. That's some dedication. Not sure I really want to do that much... Though I might need to if I wanna find anything nice now

Sent from my OP 3T using Classic Zcar Club mobile

18 hours ago, lordkarma88 said:

Lol. Just finished saving all possible searches on CL. I sure hope this was worth 2 hours :blink:

Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 00.39.25-fullpage.png

Searchtempest.com will do the same thing and has distances so you can customize it.

The $1,500 car looks like a scam. I have a hard time believing it was legit unless someone laid eyes on it.