IGNORED

Restoration of my 72 240Z

Jaymanbikes

7 hours ago, Jaymanbikes said:

The car originally had a type 1 FRP airdam. I decided I wanted a stock valance and possibly add the Euro style front spoiler.  It was a last minute decision so I purchased one off EBay.  Had it straightened and painted only to find out that the center section was the wrong one.  I believe this is the 73 and up with shorter brackets..I then purchased a brand new re-pop, which are really super nice quality BTW and mocked it up to make sure it’s going to properly fit.  

DE105C33-2D4E-4CBF-B910-EF33C1907ECB.jpeg

Where'd you get these front valance parts?  I may look at going back to stock so it would be good to have this source.

I'd likely go with a BRE front airdam.  Have you seen this one?  https://www.bre2.net/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=B&Product_Code=020B01&Category_Code=bre_datsun_body_parts

16 hours ago, Mike said:

Where'd you get these front valance parts?  I may look at going back to stock so it would be good to have this source.

I'd likely go with a BRE front airdam.  Have you seen this one?  https://www.bre2.net/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=B&Product_Code=020B01&Category_Code=bre_datsun_body_parts

This is the Euro spoiler I’m things about getting.  

30DF9E41-A775-475A-84F9-4A0BA32F5075.jpeg

Got all the glass in and rear bumper.  Was able to drive it for the first time.  Drove straight as an arrow.  Now to have the front valance painted, install front bumper and reassemble the balance of the interior.  I also have a bad spot in my fuse block and am go8ng to get the MSA fuse box.  

3DFA685D-D969-49CC-BA30-1E2F3591599F.jpeg

14439984-B67C-4D44-AE7A-B70C2B0EE598.jpeg

• Like 2

On 4/20/2019 at 9:58 AM, 7tooZ said:

@Jaymanbikes looks like you have an epoxy floor in the garage. I am trying to decide what to put on mine. Which brand did you ? Would you recommend it?  How is the durability?

Yes I would, it is durable however like most things it’s all in the prep.  Make sure and diamond grind your floors, you can rent the machine from Home Depot.  I would also recommend the UV resistant clear, if you don’t it will yellow in time.  I am seeing spots not exposed to natural light yellowing slightly.  Here is the link.  There is also a very good installation video on You Tube.  Don’t waste your time with the paint on stuff from the Big Box stores.

https://www.epoxy-coat.com/?cid=359759602

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...