IGNORED

My Rockers seem to be a little off, or I'm off my Rocker(s)

zKars

11 minutes ago, zKars said:

Every one looks like the 12 randomly selected rockers below. 

They look like they have some kind of coating on them, applied everywhere. Hardening process or the result of a polishing or tumbling step to make them look pretty? I suppose I could just ask...

Can you dig out 1 through 12, the originals with the pits?  Looks like you stamped them.  Just curious.

15 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Can you dig out 1 through 12, the originals with the pits?  Looks like you stamped them.  Just curious.

I did not send the "dirty dozen" to them.

I should have, just to see what would result. If they could grind enough off to restore them and still be useable, I'd be impressed.

15 hours ago, zKars said:

Delta Cam's is a wonderful business.

Ignoring the fact that postal service delivery took 20 days to get there and back, they turned around 132 rocker regrinds in 48 hours (once they got there...)

Every one looks like the 12 randomly selected rockers below. 

They look like they have some kind of coating on them, applied everywhere. Hardening process or the result of a polishing or tumbling step to make them look pretty? I suppose I could just ask...

IMG_4316.JPG

IMG_4319.JPG

I couldn’t agree with you more. I hope Delta Cams is around for a long, long time. They do beautiful work. I’ve run them in all of my performance L28’s, including the stroker.....absolutely no problems. I sent them 72 rockers myself for inventory...........like fine jewelry. Glad you are a fan Jim....I am too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey jim, I ran into the same problem with the spalling rockers. On my fresh rebello engine, I made the mistake of using the wrong kind of oil.  Just some off the shelf high mileage semi synthetic (with extra zinc).  On the first go around, my cam survived, but the rockers didn't.  I replaced all 12 rockers with nissan ones, and ran joe gibbs hot rod motor oil with lucas zinc additive and I had no issues. So the next summer, I used Amsoil ZROD oil. Big mistake, this time the spalling occurred on my camshaft and some on my rockers.  I ended up replacing both camshaft and rockers. I think with our engines, you might need some extra zinc especially if the engine has a bigger cam.

I know that this information is irrelevant now that you have re-grinds, the cheapest OEM rockers can be obtained from Kameari engine works from japan. Yup, japan! I got a set of 12 for $450 Canadian shipped to my door. Cheaper than local dealers and courtesy parts.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...