IGNORED

7" brake booster repair and restoration

Patcon

The large pits are actually outside the seal. I was working on building up the plate on the plunger and polishing it but then had to redo some of it. So I went with what I had. It is actually much smoother than it was originally. I would still be curious to know if the reman boosters can pass the spec

• 11 months later...

Hello to all, 

It seems I have shot myself in the foot needlessly again. The expression goes "If it aint broke, don't fix it"   Well, I really fixed it. Bought the rebuild kit for 7 inch brake booster, bead blasted and cleaned it up, pulled it apart and got down to the "valve operating rod assembly"  There is a cylindrical rubber boot in the rebuild kit so I proceeded to rip off the existing rubber part, trusting that I would figure out how to disassemble and remove the springs etc to install the new one. Now I'm thinking the parts are permanently crimped on and not designed to be removed. I either need to find a way to dissassemble this part or order a replacement valve operating rod assy.or buy an entirely new booster if that is even an option. Can't figure out why that part is included in the kit if one can't remove the old one?  Any input is welcome. . . Thanks  Andy.

IMG_7972.jpeg

IMG_7972.jpeg