IGNORED

[SOLD] A '77 280Z Needs a New Home $6K

mentalite

I hate to move this car, but I really need to.  My wife can't ride in it due to her back for one thing.  The other is that I have the urge to spend some money on it with a Datsun Spirit engine and a rear suspension rebuild.  Sounds great, but I'd rather spend the money elsewhere right now.  I believe 6K to be a bargain price in an effort to move it quickly.

Car is in central PA.

Fuller details and photos in the Craigslist ad:

https://harrisburg.craigslist.org/cto/d/1977-datsun-280z-price-drop/6620690663.html

IMG_2352.JPG

IMG_2347.JPG

IMG_2360.JPG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Captain Obvious said:

GLWS. Looks like a good example of a well maintained stock vehicle and I hope you find it a good home. Kinda surprised it hasn't been snatched up.

How long ago was it painted? Did you do that or did it come to you like that?

It was painted in the mid 90s allegedly.  This is according to the guy I bought it from who bought it from the guy that painted it.  It needs work but doesn't need to be blown apart.

11 minutes ago, cbuczesk said:

I saw it CL a few weeks ago. It looks pretty nice.

Chuck

Chuck this is the one I FB messaged you about.  If it doesn't go at this price, I'll get to work on it.  I saw that you have a new project, so you may not have the time that you initially thought!

23 hours ago, mentalite said:

The headlight buckets are black primer because a previous owner had modified the originals into square headlights. 

Pics or it didn't happen.     :ph34r:

I wish I had the room for more than one. And I've got so many repairs and customizations/improvements in my car now... I'd hate to have to repeat them all!

So, I have a question:
whatsthis.jpg

3 hours ago, grannyknot said:

That's a smokin deal, if I hadn't just bought a 77 I would down there with cash in hand, hope you change your mind.

Did you keep the headlight scoops for square lights? Collectors item.

I do have one of them.  It is quite a hack job.

57 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Pics or it didn't happen.     :ph34r:

I wish I had the room for more than one. And I've got so many repairs and customizations/improvements in my car now... I'd hate to have to repeat them all!

So, I have a question:

That is where the Ziebart was injected.  You can see it in the ad photo of the inner frame rails.  I'm convinced that this car owes it's life to the Ziebart.  The frame rails, floors and rockers are in great shape.  The wheel wells are what got rusty on this one.

I agree with everyone that says this car is a steal at 6K, but nobody wants so show up with money.  I only received two calls on it for 8K.  It's not pristine and needs some work but it's a solid foundation.