IGNORED

Purchase Questions for Canadians

Hi Gang,

Just have a few questions:

1. Anyone know of a supplier of Champion Aluminum Radiators in Canada?

2. Can anyone comment on 2 row or 3 row Champion Rad differences and make a recommendation?

3. Anyone know of a supplier of  dense car sound proofing in Canada? (Ideally for inside doors, floors, and roof.

Can't speak to suppliers, I got mine from MSA

I got the 3 row and it seems to be doing the job somewhat better than the stock radiator. I also changed to running Evans waterless coolant with the new radiator. My reasons for 3 row were that I went with electric fans and the waterless coolant.

I ended up with a champion 2 row, I built a shroud for it, and have two electrical fans, with both of them on the temperature sits right around 185*. I use distilled water and some GE green coolant.

When I go through the electrical system again, I’m going to wire in my temp-ground switch to only have 1 fan on constant, 2nd if it gets over 190*

Oh I used some grommets to separate the body from the rad, I was reading that these alloy rads don’t like to flex. No issues so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

• Like 1

@wheee! Thanks!

I just ordered the B-Quiet.  100Sq-Ft of Ultimate comes out to $3.72 CAD per square foot including shipping and taxes. They do not have fixed Canadian prices, they simply convert from USD to the current CAD using Google.

image.png

Be sure to order when the USD is low. :wacko:

Edited by 240260280

btw it is ~30% cheaper to get 200sq ft of this product  (Kilmat 50mil) and double it up to get 100mil vs 80mil.  It has the same butyl (non-asphalt) substrate as B-Quiet so it should not stink.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Kilmat-50-mil-50-sqft-Car-Sound-Deadening-Mat-Sound-Deadener-Insulation-Material/302659659000?hash=item4677ebe4f8:g:a3kAAOSw8i9aT4tf

image.png

Edited by 240260280

I have the Bquiet and was going to use it on the roof under the headliner, but I was having adhesion problems. So I stripped it off and I will use it only in locations where I am sure it won't cause issues later if it doesn't stick like glue...

2 hours ago, 240260280 said:

btw it is ~30% cheaper to get 200sq ft of this product  (Kilmat 50mil) and double it up to get 100mil vs 80mil.  It has the same butyl (non-asphalt) substrate as B-Quiet so it should not stink.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Kilmat-50-mil-50-sqft-Car-Sound-Deadening-Mat-Sound-Deadener-Insulation-Material/302659659000?hash=item4677ebe4f8:g:a3kAAOSw8i9aT4tf

image.png

I just installed this kit in a 78' and had 2 sheets leftover.  I could probably find a home for them if I had to.  This is not my car, but I chose it for the coverage and I'm putting in the MSA carpet kit over it which has a nice thick jute backing.  I'm not sure doubling to 100ml would do better.  I think the way all of this butyl deadening works is that it absorbs vibration in the metal, correct? so would more necessarily be better?  Keep in mind I attended many, many rock concerts in the 70's....

Edited by gwri8
  • Like 1

[mention=29917]wheee![/mention] Thanks!

I just ordered the B-Quiet.  100Sq-Ft of Ultimate comes out to $3.72 CAD per square foot including shipping and taxes. They do not have fixed Canadian prices, they simply convert from USD to the current CAD using Google.
image.png.9ff21a0884927af02b4fb7a24d88712f.png

Be sure to order when the USD is low. :wacko:

Actually they do have Canadian pricing... it’s a little checkbox in the top right of the screen if I remember to change the currency. Or call them...

I have the Bquiet and was going to use it on the roof under the headliner, but I was having adhesion problems. So I stripped it off and I will use it only in locations where I am sure it won't cause issues later if it doesn't stick like glue...

I had the ultimate product and it sticks like crazy glue. Never coming loose!

4 hours ago, wheee! said:

Actually they do have Canadian pricing... it’s a little checkbox in the top right of the screen if I remember to change the currency. Or call them...

Yes but when you tick it, the values change to the market rate for conversion from USD.

USD prices are normal like $99.99, Canadian prices have weird fractional part like $186.21.

Edited by 240260280