IGNORED

70,71,77,83- projects - the studio is full

madkaw

Well NO LEAKS and a happy owner !

It wasn’t that simple of course. I talked the owner into a new timing chain because the sprocket showed abnormal wear - especially for only 30k miles. And the owner still says swears it actual miles. 

When installing the new chain guides I found the reason for the abnormal wear. It was odd that the chain was stretched but the tensioner was fully seated and the reason for that was someone put the wrong length bolt in the thermostat housing which actually pushed the straight guide out a couple of mm. Of course the new chain guide bolt holes didn’t line up because there was a bolt in the way. 

Anywho, the engine runs fantastic - for a stock L28 with an automatic. I put a stereo in his car because I had to flush his heater core and change hoses anyway. The car rides really quiet even with worn out seals. It really is a nice car. I went over the owners house to say hi and pull a spark plug and the burn was perfect. 

The owner is a little disappointed with the power output and the auto doesn’t help, but he admitted that it was a fine sports car and liked the way it drove. He’s already asking me about power upgrades . 

AEAA7DA1-0C5D-4E22-9467-8C15FA01A2BB.jpeg

3E522B34-F1AE-4E58-8E13-B18C5973E230.jpeg

20183DF9-DC52-4189-BD4E-C45BE0ED5CE9.jpeg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

It sure if anyone has interest in my truck project , but it’s actually starting to look like something . Always kind of fun getting the body panels on after being off for a year- oh yeah- that’s what it looked like -lol.

really anxious to get the motor in and be able to move this thing around. It’s slowing me down not being able to move it to the studio. This will be a fun install. A very tall motor in a tall truck - it will be close !

E6D4A32A-AA6D-4414-89A9-DB112DAA4532.jpeg

8CC5F416-1561-4DF3-8C5F-D3DB4CA1F6B0.jpeg

5D598CDF-A85F-40C0-91DC-C3DE01D96F9D.jpeg

6161F7C2-6AA4-4900-832C-1FB48F2D25B1.jpeg

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
8 hours ago, Zed Head said:

I had missed this thread, didn't see it.  That truck has 4WD?  You need to cut the tail off the bed for clearance, or put wheels on the bottom.  Low centering...

Yes - 4WD . Not sure what you are asking . 

6 hours ago, w3wilkes said:

Questions... Does the Ziebart add weight? Does it add any soundproofing to the car? How are you going to address the holes? Curious minds need to know.

Wouldn’t care about the small amount for weight for the fact it saved this rare hatch. I weld filled all the holes .

EF3451FC-44AE-4D3C-A430-278C0BFB41E1.jpeg