IGNORED

SS Bumpers from Vietnam

21 minutes ago, ZCarFever said:

@Patcon same as the one at the beginning of this tread. I like to see those things by myself, so I decided to go any pay them a visit, met with Amy and her boss, small joint, good products and nice people from what I experienced.

B46015A3-18A4-4FFE-95CC-69291333E33E.jpeg

6E2615F7-B25A-4A05-95F8-1CF78766E6E8.jpeg

6832E675-F61B-44D4-BB42-77B1C1DFF359.jpeg

45297E4B-BD5C-43FE-A93D-70E0EC611C61.jpeg

So you dealt with Amy.

I wish I had. I did ok but there was some run around and the finish could be a little better. Its interesting they fabricate out of a little shop. Pretty cool!

• 2 weeks later...

As info...my bumpers arrived from Futofab yesterday afternoon.  The boxes are printed with big letters that say "MADE IN TAIWAN".  So apparently Futofab bumpers are no longer sourced from Vietnam.  Or, maybe they get them from multiple sources.  Waiting on brackets from Eurodat to test fitment.

17 hours ago, charliekwin said:

Christmas came early. A box of shiny stuff came last week. A little hiccup or two in shipping, and more thoughts coming after I do the rear.ab9dad407ef4332acab10190ff9e846e.jpg8df092989074812784c362bd804f5170.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Looks great. 

Let us know how the rear bumper goes.  The center piece on the rear bumper was too large (by 3cm) which caused the side parts of the bumper to stick out, so it does not connect to the side of the car.  I reached out to them and they were suppose to send a new piece.... I'm still waiting.

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

A quick hello and sale announcement for 240/260z stainess-steel bumpers.

We have lowered the price to USD750 / £585 / €690  including air-freight to your door. 

Harrington is the world's largest producer of SS bumpers and have been in business since 2003. We currently make over 300 different sets of bumper from a 30,000 sq/ft modern factory in Saigon. We employ 70 skilled workers to deliver the highest quality bumpers. We do not operate from a shed or field and use the highest quality press and jigs. We are a registered Ltd company that complies with Vietnamese employment law. We take customer service very seriously and our sales team consists of a British(myself),German and Vietnamese national. We supply to most of the heritage departments our coverage spans from Ford to Ferrari. We also manufacture exquisite half-scale junior cars Instagram @harringtonjuniorcars 

Please feel free to make contact directly info@groupharrington.com and I can be contacted +447977 486 282(between UK and Vietnam) if you would like more information. Skype / FaceTime tours of our factory are always welcome as are customers in person, if visiting Saigon.

image-02.jpg

main.JPG

1.JPG

image-01.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Jason, that must be a £38 premium.  How about a group order in the same region for say; 5 sets at £500 per set including delivery. Let me know your thoughts and happy to discuss if you have any ideas. I would be interested to have dialogue with owners as i'm unsure about the feasibility about on-going production of this bumper, given the price sensitivity. Happy to sell my stock and refocus on other marques where the input costs are the same and the selling price is greater.  I'm in the UK from weds 07977 486 282 if anyone would like to speak

Buyers of SS bumpers from Vietnam should consider eBay feedback when chasing price. For instance, Groupharrington has 2800 positive feedback vs bumper automobile( in-4276 ) - 46 reviews/ 4 negative and 1 relates to 240z. Quality control and track record record differentiates us from back-door producers offering "the same product"

Edited by James MacLachlan

6 hours ago, James MacLachlan said:

Buyers of SS bumpers from Vietnam should consider eBay feedback when chasing price. For instance, Groupharrington has 2800 positive feedback vs bumper automobile( in-4276 ) - 46 reviews/ 4 negative and 1 relates to 240z. Quality control and track record record differentiates us from back-door producers offering "the same product"

there's a good few reports on forums about 'poorly' fitting harrington bumpers, like anything you can't win everytime .  You don't have to look far.  Its great that you make them, now you've the tooling there's no reason not to?  Competition is great for the end user.

Unfortunately, in the last 3 years some of our molds 240Z included, found their way into the wrong hands. Making bumpers in Vietnam requires a good sample bumpers and creating an accurate mold. This is not as easy as it sounds. We work closely with restorers and heritage suppliers in Europe and beyond to recreate as accurately as humanly possible. Classic cars are extremely rare in Vietnam as importation is forbidden. Some cars have entered the country over the years when the laws were less inflexible. As example, we own a 1964 Mercedes 230SL;I believe it is only 1 of 4 in the entire country, compared to the abundance of cars elsewhere in the world. Therefore, sourcing samples requires good contacts in other countries who assist us to make molds. 

When back-door competition purchase stolen molds and operate from a greatly reduced cost base, they drive down prices to a level which is no longer a commercially viable for larger, registered and regulated producers. This type of competition is not great for the end user as bone-fide producers cease production and focus where skulduggery does not exist. That results in limited supply and eventually rising prices when all quality bumpers have been exhausted. 

I would like owners to make a judgement call. The 'About Us' , section of Bumper Automobile on their website. This is the first paragraph.....

I'm not entirely sure what it means, but I am sure they have not spent years of research and product development working closely with classic parts suppliers....

About Us

Update: 28/03/2019

My country, Viet Nam, there are no more cars and more and rarer classic cars. We engaged in the field of corrective and maintenance of vehicles in 25 years. Like you, my friends and I that car enthusiast, especially the classic car. They are built to the jewel, skilled workers clearly expressed, is the main craft. If you are a good beater, you will be attracted by an antique car with the bumper perfectly, the most valuable rewards for labor needs and error. That is why we produce the sample bumpers for classic cars.

• Like 2

Hello James, Welcome to the Forum. Just removed my 280 bumpers.  Are there any differences on the brackets required? My  understanding is the 240 bumper will bolt directly on. If that’s the case do you manufacture the brackets as well. Thanks