IGNORED

240z D Hubcap differences

JSM

Funny, I was sitting here staring at your message and mine and simply be underlined itself.  I think it's on the server.  Hybridz had the problem a while ago, bit other sites didn't.  This site loads a lot of stuff, it takes much longer than other pages to finally finish and allow interaction.

31 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

Site must be hacked I think. @Mike

No we aren't hacked... ;)

26 minutes ago, JSM said:

It might be part of the advertising portion of the forum software.  It looks like it is checking if two words combined are an actual URL.  In this case, "simply be" is a real URL, www.simplybe.com is a plus size  clothing site. 

Yes, I am running a back end software that scans the site for keywords and provides links to external sites.  It's not perfect, but, it can be helpful.  In this case, it didn't work all that great.. lol.  (unless one of you wants to buy products from them -- by all means please click on it)    It brings in about $70/mo to help me pay for server costs.

14 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

Yes but it only just occurred. 

The service is called Skimlinks and works within just a few minutes.

m

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike said:

No we aren't hacked... ;)

Yes, I am running a back end software that scans the site for keywords and provides links to external sites.  It's not perfect, but, it can be helpful.  In this case, it didn't work all that great.. lol.  (unless one of you wants to buy products from them -- by all means please click on it)    It brings in about $70/mo to help me pay for server costs.

The service is called Skimlinks and works within just a few minutes.

m

Funny, we used to worry about "cookies" being used to track which web sites we visited.  "Invasion of privacy!!!" 

But they're actually tracking every word we write.  NSA, CIA, Google,  Russia...pretty incredible stuff.