IGNORED

Rally Suspension

NoClassic

7 hours ago, DatsunDylan said:

Nissan out sourced their parts, it's a Nissan factory part not made in a Nissan factory. A very common one, is AMPCO, Atsugi Motor Parts Company. They were one of the companies licensed by Nissan to make parts including L24 pistons, water and fuel pumps, and struts. If you look at your pistons they will say AMPCO or Atsugi on them, not made by Nissan, made for them. So I don't have trouble believing Torco was one of those companies.

You realise that AMPCO/Atsugi were part of the Nissan group of companies, now under the very wide wing span of Hitachi, right? Maybe not.

I'm interested (not to say flabbergasted...) to see that you are sticking with the idea of 'TORCO' as a supplier to Nissan. How about 'NISSAN MO'? Maybe 'GENUINEPA' or 'ARTSNISS'? The possibilities are almost endless...  

• Like 1

Mr. Junkie is smok'in too much JDM.  This has to be the funniest thread I have seen in a long time.  Thanks for the chuckle this morning!

Ya' know, the more JDM you smoke, the less your spring rate.  Unless, of course, you vape with a TOR CO.

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

Edited by 26th-Z
  • Like 1

So we can put this item to rest -- here's the partial label positioned over a complete Nissan label. A little tweaking was necessary to allow for the condition of the original, plus there are minor differences in scale between the two.

label1.jpg

• Like 2

OK guys, i just came across this thread by accident and i'd like to let you know:

1) I'm the guy with the JDMjunkies.ch blog and Project build
2) as i state on my Suspension post, i tried my very best to get all the Information right and it was all the Information i had at the Point when i wrote the post.
3) I also stated that you should let me know if you have any corrections and can prove it.

So this all makes sense and i updated the Information on my blog. Feeling a bit guilty for missing such an obvious Point. but yeah - $^!# happens, right?
Thanks for your Input. Next time, please let me know directly if you know more. At least some guy shot me a message yesterday to tell me the correct Thing. Whoever it was - thanks, mate!

Also @Alan, i asked you several times (Both in private Messages in several Forums and in the threads directly) about some data which i know you own, to complete my Posts. Like the MK63 post i'm currently working on.
but unfortunately you never even replied to me...

I think it's very hard to find useful and collected Information online in some cases and i try my very best to get it right and get the Information together in a useable way for the General public.
I know some People have quite the knowledge and own all the documents, but i try to make it accessible for all in a more general way.
So bear with me if some Information got wrong along the way. Again i try my very best to have it right and confirmed with official documents or trustworthy sources.

So sorry for my mistake and i really appreciate your Inputs to improve my texts.

Edited by JDMjunkies.ch
typo correction

On ‎21‎.‎02‎.‎2018 at 8:10 PM, NVZEE said:

So we can put this item to rest -- here's the partial label positioned over a complete Nissan label. A little tweaking was necessary to allow for the condition of the original, plus there are minor differences in scale between the two.

label1.jpg

Hope it's ok i used this Picture from you to prove my fail on my blog? Thanks for your work.
It's so obvious, i even got some NOS boxes with similar Stickers on it, i really wonder why i never got it :)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JDMjunkies.ch said:

Also @Alan, i asked you several times (Both in private Messages in several Forums and in the threads directly) about some data which i know you own, to complete my Posts. Like the MK63 post i'm currently working on.
but unfortunately you never even replied to me...

I know some People have quite the knowledge and own all the documents, but i try to make it accessible for all in a more general way.

Two points:

I have supplied data to you in the past - which you have used - but you never acknowledged, and never credited.

Over the years I have spent a lot of time, money and effort to seek out documentation, original photographs and data. I try to use it wisely, sparingly and when appropriately, and also try to understand it fully before utilising it. That includes how and when I 'share' any of it. Why would I simply give it all away for somebody to put on their 'blog' in the context that *they* choose, and without having any input? I get many, many requests for data and reference material and I do try to help with the majority of them, but I can't - sometimes won't - be able to help them all.  

• Like 2