IGNORED

Car worth? How much would you pay?

Toolbox

Some people would pay a lot for a clean shell to start with. Pay less for a more deteriorated shell and spend more later fixing it... It's up to you as to where you want to spend the money. The total cost of a restoration these days is not cheap, regardless of the starting shell price. If you are in for the long run, then plan on budgeting about $30,000 US or $45,000 Cdn for a proper restoration. In the end what you paid for the shell falls in there somewhere... 

I paid $100 for a shell. Was it worth more? Probably! But I had to replace a lot of metal and rebuild a lot of the car myself. I would have rather started with a solid shell and paid $6000 versus spend the same amount of money on parts and repairs and take an additional two years. In the end, I will be in for about $45,000. The shell cost doesn't really matter anymore.

From the looks of this unit, it is worth about $6,000 to $8,000 depending on condition of all the parts and completeness of the parts/interior. That's just my opinion. 

What year is it?  VIN?  No offense to the late model 240Z owners, but as we've seen here, the early 240Z's have more inherent worth to certain potential buyers.

Make sure that you see and get all of the interior parts.  They're hard to find.  If they're not there, use it as a haggling tool.

1 minute ago, Toolbox said:

Thanks guys!

It is a 1971 240z. The interior parts were all there

You sure? That's a '72 dash. It has the indent for the on/off label for the hazard switch, the switch is a toggle switch vs a push/pull knob, and the cig lighter is in the dash vs just a blank spot. The dash pad could be non-original. If you can get a pic of the gas door, if it doesn't have the chrome latch knob, it's a '72. Or just get the VIN/build date.