IGNORED

[2018] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

Not my car but one of my R&R (Rescue & Refurb) projects: a 240Z grill retrieved from a salvage yard car.  Full disassembly, damaged vertical struts were replaced with parts purchased from another member, stripped to bare metal, multiple primer coats. wet sanding, assembly, color and clear coats.  Whew!  This one will go up for sale at some point.  Many thanks to @CanTechZ for all the research on the OE-like finish for the grill and rear finisher, see this thread:

Grill 00.jpg

Grill 001.jpg

Grill 01.jpg

Grill 03.jpg

Grill 04.jpg

Grill 07.jpg

Grill 08.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

Power washed the paint off the rust on old blue two days ago.

Today I removed the EFI system and harness.

Tomorrow I hope to get SUs installed along with a fuel pressure regulator.  Hopefully blue will make it to Atlanta and win the ugliest car award ?

Janet will be flying to ZCON no doubt!

• Haha 1

On 6/15/2018 at 8:33 PM, jfa.series1 said:

Janet will be flying to ZCON no doubt!

LOL, nope, I plan to keep it real (ugly) but comfortable.  I have BMW leather seats and plan to super sound-proof the interior.  AC too...that should keep her happy. 

Hopefully I'll have time to build an 88mm pistoned 2.9litre with triple SK's and a low ratio differential to keep the rpm's down on the highway.  Right now I plan to get SU's on the existing small chambered L28 to work out the bugs.

For exterior a Gnoze spoiler ZG flares and lourvre.  It will be a rat rod but comfy.

1.jpg

Edited by 240260280
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 240260280 said:

LOL, nope, I plan to keep it real (ugly) but comfortable.  I have BMW leather seats and plan to super sound-proof the interior.  AC too...that should keep her happy. 

Hopefully I'll have time to build an 88mm pistoned 2.9litre with triple SK's and a low ratio differential to keep the rpm's down on the highway.  Right now I plan to get SU's on the existing small chambered L28 to work out the bugs.

For exterior a Gnoze spoiler ZG flares and lourvre.  It will be a rat rod but comfy.

you've got like 16 weeks, better get going!

• Like 1