IGNORED

body parts

zbert1

motor is in runs but has a external coolant leak on the head still figuring out my plan on the engines  wanting to get the car in paint in 2018  just cant find the brackets that hold the rear tail light covers on no bone yards with 240z parts in this neighborhoods thanks for looking

20161003_204740.jpg

Both sides I cut the brackets off and then bagged and tagged and lost I have no pictures I attempted to look up the part on the technical section but had no luck opening the file  from what I remember there were two on each side the L bracket was spot welded  below the tail light each had a clip that pushed on to the bracket and the tail light bezel surround locked into it I was thinking if there was any company that makes and sells the rear body section might reproduce the brackets, the clips I hoping that those too some one had found a solution on replacing thanks.

I think you're talking about number 8 on here, http://www.carpartsmanual.com/datsun/Z-1969-1978/body-240z/rear-fender-rear-panel-rear-panel-finisher

call Courtesy Nissan and give them that p/n, they'll be able to say if there's any available from Nissan.  You'd be surprised at the parts they can get.

Good luck!

2 hours ago, zbert1 said:

I have had no luck finding used brackets or clips I am looking for some one that is parting out a 240z  

thanks.

Do you need all four clips? I have a late 71 that I can remove the clips from. Looks like there are two spot welds per clip to be drilled out for removal. Let me know.