IGNORED

Car wont turn over

Erick

59 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

Oh also next to oil filter there is this plug can anyone tell me what it is? "

This is the oil pressure sending unit, not sure if that's what you are speaking of though.

Site is correct that is the oil sending unit. It looks like a large plug but it's not. The canister part threads into the block and on the end under the rubber cover is an electrical connection. It looks like someone has been working on that electrical too...

Hey guys thanks so much so i moved the ground also i exhanged my battery for a 650CCA i tried to turn it on nothing second time i tried i heard the grinding noise again people are telling me its a bad starter and also fuel pump probably needs to be replaced and hoses as well add on a fuel filter

Also are my cables messed up? 

20171112_135315.jpg

Well, what happens if you spin a rear wheel with the transmission in 1st gear?

Does it spin freely?

If space and help permit then I suppose trying to push start it would be a good idea.

Assuming of course that it wouldn't be too difficult to get it back into the garage in case it doesn't start.

Perhaps others will verify if this is good advice, before you actually go through the trouble of doing it.

Edit: my stupid phone must have reloaded the thread later than when I was writing the last post.

I see now that you have had the car running, and are trying to keep it running. Negating the need to do anything I just said to do.

Disregard.

1 hour ago, Erick said:

Ok hey guys so i switched my fuel filter and tried to crank it... no luck but i started to get a smell of gasoline? Could that mean my fuel injectors are clogged??

We don't know what "tried to crank it no luck" means.  Didn't crank?  Cranked but didn't start?  Cranked and started but you didn't get lucky?  Who knows...  Not clear if there was a click or a grind or a whiirwhiirrwhirrrr.

Wouldn't you expect no gasoline smell if your injectors were clogged?

Per standard response - more details needed.  Describe turning the key to a certain spot, and what happens then.  Videos are fun too.

13 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

We don't know what "tried to crank it no luck" means.  Didn't crank?  Cranked but didn't start?  Cranked and started but you didn't get lucky?  Who knows...  Not clear if there was a click or a grind or a whiirwhiirrwhirrrr.

Wouldn't you expect no gasoline smell if your injectors were clogged?

Per standard response - more details needed.  Describe turning the key to a certain spot, and what happens then.  Videos are fun too.

Sorry let me explain more. So i try to start it and it cranks just doesnt want to start at all. but when i try to start it i start to smell gas from the engine. I just changed the fuel filter so im thinking im getting bad spark from plugs. Also can i upload videos?? Im not sure if the last one uploaded

I think that you have to upload to something like youtube then link to your post.

If you're smelling fuel but not getting a start it might be over-fueling (flooding), because your coolant temperature circuit is open.  Or it might be that you have bad spark and you're not firing the CSV fuel.  

Verify spark, I'd say, to start.  Try starting fluid if you have it.

Is it possible that the grinding noise could be some flywheel teeth that are missing? If the starter is spinning but not making flywheel contact, would the CSV be putting fuel into the combustion chamber?(assuming its working properly).

Perhaps spinning a rear wheel with it in gear would reposition the flywheel teeth.

Doesn't explain why it won't stay running, but maybe you have a compound problem. In other words, it won't start because of one issue, and won't stay running because of another..

• 2 weeks later...