IGNORED

Coilover Options (Updated 2017 Links, Cost)

8 hours ago, wheee! said:

Keep in mind the spring rates are different for the 240 and 280. More weight in the 280...

There's more than one set of factory spring rates for the '240', let alone anything else. '240' doesn't mean just one thing...

As Jason has pointed out, it would be interesting to see some of the budget end of the market damper units put on a shock dyno. You almost never see any discussion of bump/rebound ratings, knee-points and etc in relation to them. The suspicion is that they are generically-valved with little real attention paid to final application. At least some of them were originally aimed at models with semi-trailing arm rear suspension. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Does anybody have any experience with the Megan Racing Coilovers? I've found a set for $809 but I've heard a few people say they are of questionable quality. Anybody have any opinions? I'm building a street car so I don't need to spend a fortune on coilovers so this seems like it could be a good option?

• 1 month later...

Another option that is now available is Gecko.

https://geckoracingusa.com/search?q=Datsun

They have 240 (50mm ID) and 280 (54mm) weld on strut kits.

I have their 510 front and rear kit. So far so good.  Good choice of spring rates. 32 position dampening. Usual lack of shock damping information.

Edited by zKars

19 minutes ago, sparegolfer said:

used to be Datsun Parts LLC.  He changed the name and tried to get away from past bad press.  His prices are very high and he'll make it very difficult if you have a problem.  Many of his parts are available from Rockauto, eBay, or other vendors for much less.  Search the site and you'll learn.  Here's one thread from way back.

https://www.classiczcars.com/forums/topic/29706-terrible-vendor-datsun-parts/

• Like 1