IGNORED

I.D. This Steering Wheel!!!!!!!

dhp123166

9 hours ago, dhp123166 said:

I think the steering wheel probably is an Izumi which is minus the leather cover as there is slight sun damage on the top of the foam.

Judging by your photos, there's nothing 'missing' from your steering wheel. The covering with the moulded-in faux stitching is the original 'leather look' surface finish.

I have an Izumi with a similar faux leather finish (it has become sun-bleached and faded) on my KPGC10. Not a very good photo, but you can see the moulded-in stitch detail: 

VE5xZj.jpg

So the real stitched leather covering I have seen on some wheels (OEM and aftermarket) was not done by Izumi?

I guess it would be par for the course to call a foam rubber steering wheel "leather" since they are also calling a plastic one "wood".

6 minutes ago, dhp123166 said:

So the real stitched leather covering I have seen on some wheels (OEM and aftermarket) was not done by Izumi?

I guess it would be par for the course to call a foam rubber steering wheel "leather" since they are also calling a plastic one "wood".

Izumi made (real) wood, composite wood, 'leather-look' Urethane and (real) leather-rimmed steering wheels.

Yours is - like the one on my KPGC10 - the moulded Urethane 'leather look' type, with stitch detail.    

We are going round in circles now. The grip on your steering wheel is simply deteriorated, that's all.

I don't think it's a question of quality. I've seen Izumi steering wheels where the grip has pretty much turned to mush and dust with the ravages of time, UV, humidity, sweat and biological attack. They can have a hard life... 

Unless we have the wheels side by side ( which I have in the past by the way) you have no grounds to tell me that there is no difference between the two I have owned other than deterioration.

Thanks for your help I am done.

Edited by dhp123166