IGNORED

Duffy's 1/71 Series 1 240z build

duffymahoney

So getting a vac log/ map signal has proved very hard with my manifold.  

So I am going to attempt to re tap my BSPT threads to NPT (I have had great success with it actually) Then use these.

https://www.universalpowerconversion.com/miniature-male-branch-tee-hose-barb-brass-p-3356.html

https://www.universalpowerconversion.com/miniature-male-branch-tee-hose-barb-brass-p-3368.html

So the runners will all have a 1/8 NPT by 1/8 Hose barb T.  That way I can connect to a map sensor and also the FPR.  

Then on the runner with 1/4 NPT, I will use the 1/4 NPT by 1/8 hose barb T, then tap (or soldier) the top flat section to 1/8 NPT by 3/8 Hose barb (3/8 will go to the brake booster).  Then I have nice braided vacuum hoses to make the balance tube/ vac log.  Should look good and solve all my issues.  

On 8/31/2019 at 9:24 AM, duffymahoney said:

Well I looked into the Jeep. I found a nos Jeep unit and vapor blasted my pedestal. 

I will take it to my machine shop on Tuesday. I will have it matched to the stock spline and I will use the stock shaft bushing. 

DD8F7165-1048-4ABB-B2F9-88B4A4827F01.jpeg

E1CEF690-6D62-49B8-9D48-CE0A951A4B12.jpeg

FC2213C0-D3CD-41D2-B848-E199160D53F1.jpeg

I see you found the thread . I just cut and notched my shaft carefully with a cut off wheel. Curious what year sensor you bought and what you got for the connector. Believe it or not I never finished what I started . One main reason is I was having difficulty finding the correct wiring harness connector . I ordered one and it wasn’t quite shaped the same way. Got sidetracked and never finished the install. Car ran well with batch fire for now. 

Definitely takes up less room!