Home Built Z 'Full video build' - Page 19 - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Home Built Z 'Full video build'

Featured Replies

We don't really have 2x4's in the US either. Once the lumber is dried and planed they are more like 3.5" (88.9mm) x 1.5" (38.1mm), much closer to the size Jeff is used to.

We are metric in Canada but lumber is not....except what you buy at Ikea.

When I lived in Ireland I recall posted road speed being mph but posted distances being km.... sort of mixed like in Canada.  For weather, wind speed was mph in Ireland but kph in Canada.

A 2x4 hasn't been a 2x4 since the 50's, I did own a house that was built in 48, it was made or real 2x4s

I did some work in Africa and the middle east, its all the same in size, just in metric lingo.

 For example, if you need a 1 inch pipe you will request a 1 ZOLL (German for inch) for whatever reason...

20 minutes ago, tzagi1 said:

A 2x4 hasn't been a 2x4 since the 50's, I did own a house that was built in 48, it was made or real 2x4s

I did some work in Africa and the middle east, its all the same in size, just in metric lingo.

 For example, if you need a 1 inch pipe you will request a 1 ZOLL (German for inch) for whatever reason...

they were probably just keeping you in a comfort zone.

Germans are very metric, have been since the late 1800's.

 

 

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author
This week I finally get the colour onto my 240z. It has almost been 12 months of work to get to this point, and it still has a long way to go, but it is great to reach this milestone.
 
 

Blue is a nice colour! ?

LOL I went Lexus blue for a friend's car I helped restore:

peterz2.jpg

  • Author
This week it is back to sanding and primer on the 680, but it all heads towards getting it ready for the final paint.
 
 
  • Author

This week I get into painting the rest of the inner parts. Another big step to finishing the paint.

 

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.