Home Built Z 'Full video build' - Page 17 - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Home Built Z 'Full video build'

Featured Replies

  • Author
This week I am getting stuck into the L28 engine for my Datsun 240z. That includes balancing the pistons and rods.
 
 

Hi Jeff, my son and I are still greatly enjoying your builds. One question though, after grinding on your rods to balance them are you planning on doing any kind of stress relief like polishing or bead blasting?

  • Author
27 minutes ago, torynich said:

Hi Jeff, my son and I are still greatly enjoying your builds. One question though, after grinding on your rods to balance them are you planning on doing any kind of stress relief like polishing or bead blasting?

No, basically that is it for me. I am not too worried about the light sanding I have done, and I don't think I have made any crazy weak points to worry about. The engine is not going to be under a huge amount of stress anyway, as I will be running the factory rev limit.

Looking good Jeff! Looking forward to this one turning over.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Jeff, Did you put some sealant at the main rear cap parting lines? those side seals can leak if you don't add a little sealant in a couple of places. I may have missed it in the video

  • Author
1 hour ago, Patcon said:

Jeff, Did you put some sealant at the main rear cap parting lines? those side seals can leak if you don't add a little sealant in a couple of places. I may have missed it in the video

Yep. I briefly mentioned it, but I am following the book 'how to rebuild your L series engine' so hopefully it all goes together the way it should ?

 

  • Author
This week I finish off the head assembly and mount it to the block. It is coming together and I am getting excited.
 
 

Edited by Home Built by Jeff

Time to celebrate!  An appropriate song: Head On!
 

 
JAMC!?! You're even cooler than I thought!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Is the oil pan off?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.