IGNORED

fuel mixture or jet adjustment nut settings

Thanks for bringing that up Cliff. There has been a bit of a perspective problem in the past when it comes to adjusting mixture screws. Some, when looking down on the carbs, picture the mixture screws from that perspective, which reverses the direction in ones mind. Just for the record, clockwise brings the nozzle up and leans the mixture. Anti clockwise lowers the nozzle and richens the mixture. Should anyone still be confused, pull the piston and needle out and watch the nozzle as it is adjusted. 

34 minutes ago, Mark Maras said:

That works too. I've always preferred using up and down to describe the direction of travel. Left is loose (rich) and right is tight (lean) would work too.

Surprisingly there's people that don't understand left and right looking from the top. LOL

Hence my analogy, driver's side and passenger's side.

Okay 3.5 turns to the left which means i have lowered the jet 3.5 turns from the starting point. Car runs better idle more stable and the temperature while driving is lower also. Still deceleration backfire where releasing the gas pedal while shited in 2nd and 3rd gear. Not on 4th or 5th gear.

Sounds like we're on the right track. My gut feeling judging by your float setting pics, the number of turns down and the color of the plug is the float level is a bit too low. Are you going to double check the float level with the sight tubes you have? Remember, with the chambers and pistons removed and the nozzles 2 1/2 turns down the fuel should be 1/16" below the top of the nozzles. That is what your goal should be when setting the floats.

3 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

Sounds like we're on the right track. My gut feeling judging by your float setting pics, the number of turns down and the color of the plug is the float level is a bit too low. Are you going to double check the float level with the sight tubes you have? Remember, with the chambers and pistons removed and the nozzles 2 1/2 turns down the fuel should be 1/16" below the top of the nozzles. That is what your goal should be when setting the floats.

A what?? Bit?? Its perfect .55 or 9/16" as per the sheet supplied by Ztherapy!! I am not opening does float bowls again  and damage another cork gasket!

Edited by jalexquijano

3 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

Your life will be so much better!

Screenshot_2017-06-26-17-13-42.png

• Like 1

Keep in mind that bowl gaskets can be glued to the lids to prevent them from Pringling, per Cliff's suggestion. I understand your reluctance to open them up again but it usually takes me several tries to get them perfect. Probably just me. Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS, IT'S RUNNING GOOD. I'd drive it normally for a week or so and check the plugs again. Keep in mind that the Hitachi's are designed to run at 2 1/2 turns down + or - with the fuel level 1/16" below the top of the nozzle for best results. Keep us posted.

Keep in mind that bowl gaskets can be glued to the lids to prevent them from Pringling, per Cliff's suggestion. I understand your reluctance to open them up again but it usually takes me several tries to get them perfect. Probably just me. Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS, IT'S RUNNING GOOD. I'd drive it normally for a week or so and check the plugs again. Keep in mind that the Hitachi's are designed to run at 2 1/2 turns down + or - with the fuel level 1/16" below the top of the nozzle for best results. Keep us posted.

Sorry for weighing in this late but those plugs look like they were dirty to start with. Not sure you can rely on what color they are now. Beside running the engine for 5 minutes won't tell you anything. If it was mine and I thought I was close I would buy new plugs and drive it for a week or so. Preferrably with some hard runs. Then check them.

Ps I think these look lean and at 3.5 turns they should be darker.

Does anybody think a valve adjust could be park of this problem????

Don's iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Yeah, we discussed the cleaned? plugs before. I agree it's gonna be difficult to get an accurate reading with those. On the plus side, the car is running much better now. Probably due to the floats now being set more accurately than they were. 

@jalexquijano Did someone try to readjust the floats after they came back from Ztherapy?