Diseazd

Stroker 3.1

If you're using spiral core wires, make sure you use resistor plugs on a street car. Non-resistor plugs are designed for carbon core wires with a much higher resistance than modern spiral core wires. 

Resistor plugs on an Inductive ignition allow the flash over voltage to reach a higher peak than non-resistor plugs. Helps to  keep the plugs from fouling and suppresses EMI ( very important with EFI systems ). Most electronic systems specify resistor plugs, including the Matchbox. Only reason some of the early 260 and 280 electronic ignitions used non-resistor plugs was because of the weak output of the 1st generation Trignition units. The E12-80 matchbox of course is a much stronger ignition system than the early points or Trignition. 

Fired right up.....everything works perfect! The Excedy 240mm comp clutch is awesome.....put 20 miles on her, but it's raining, so It'll have to wait!  :angry2:

IMG_3812.JPG

IMG_3813.JPG

IMG_3817.JPG

• Like 3

You bet....and no matter how many Z engines I build, I'm always amazed when they come to life......can't wait to put this motor to task!

14 minutes ago, Travel'n Man said:

It will take on a totally different life with sidedrafts - get ready to grin!

What he said^^^

Be prepared!!

I don't have a clue.....I'll leave that up to Eiji. I think he wants me to run SK's (OER's). My friend Woody Staub runs SK's with air cleaners.....I'll check with him to see what he runs in his race car.

IMG_0681.JPG

IMG_0682.JPG

Dave Rebello told me the air filter like the one above enable the carbs to get all the air they want with the least restrictions...........I'm sold on the coolest air possible - with the open filter the carbs are breathing but they are breathing hotter engine air from over the headers.  The heat shield does help the bottom of the carbs getting all the heat from the headers but that hot air rolls right into the path of the air supply for the velocity stacks - along with the fresh air from the front of the radiator support..........I've been debating this with myself for the past few months.

Had to do it again......gonna build another Stroker for the green 72. Will start after the first of the year.....it’ll be a 3.0.

5BB8419B-BD43-456D-823F-E4B32466E3CC.jpeg

0305BFA2-61BF-49FA-AC6A-2F936AE4F6FA.jpeg

• Like 2

Are you happy with the engine in your silver car, and have you put triple carbs on it yet?

//Andreas

Andreas...

It’s in the body shop for a new rear spoiler. Should be out soon....then to my friend’s dyno....I’m anxious to see what it does. Will post as soon as I have the numbers...will video the run.

Guy

• Like 3

Can't wait : )

You have the same cam as I do and I would like to see how it performs in your engine.

By the way, I'm also fitting a rear spoiler to my silver car. It's was tough decision to make.

IMG_9591.JPG

//Andreas

Its a 432-R spoiler (replica)

Will install a original Euro front lip and valence to. Hope I'll be satisfied with it.

IMG_8940.JPG

//Andreas

Good decision moelk. I think Z’s look great with the rear spoiler. I’ll post my silver car when it’s installed. 

Edited by Diseazd
  • Like 1

Had to do it again......gonna build another Stroker for the green 72. Will start after the first of the year.....it’ll be a 3.0.
5BB8419B-BD43-456D-823F-E4B32466E3CC.thumb.jpeg.9a26714b108753242da0be414a05e16e.jpeg
0305BFA2-61BF-49FA-AC6A-2F936AE4F6FA.jpeg.92c13711e84fd3b2f82ba24569dd623a.jpeg

There is a set of Competition Mikuni’s on eBay currently. That would be a nice set for you 3.0 build and era correct......just say’n

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Mitch....If you don’t come to ZCON next year, I’m gonna be upset! Cliff and I need a designated driver!

Edited by Diseazd
  • Haha 1

On 11/29/2017 at 7:33 PM, moelk said:

Can't wait : )

You have the same cam as I do and I would like to see how it performs in your engine.

By the way, I'm also fitting a rear spoiler to my silver car. It's was tough decision to make.

IMG_9591.JPG

//Andreas

Prepped and ready.....

2F70195A-A7B9-46A1-BB39-C024858FE8D3.jpeg

• Like 1

I put rubber washers on the studs to keep mine off the paint and not trap water.  Getting the nuts on those studs in the far corners was almost impossible for me.  Many beers that night, it was very frustrating.  Thank goodness I have these skinny arms that fit through the access panel hole on the hatch.

Related image