IGNORED

Stroker 3.1

Datsun Spirit builds some wicked responsive high revving motors. Eiji is a true enthusiast and very professional to deal with . Really pays attention to detail. I Just got back on the road with Datsun Spirits " stage 3" build in January. Haven't had time on the dyno yet so no numbers but can vouch for 9000 rpm pulls in every gear if you like. Its really just ego after 8000rpm though. Motor really comes to life around 4000 rpm and pulls hard till around 7500 + rpm. Challenge becomes not leaning out and ignition. You might consider distributorless electronic ignition for tuning.
See you live in Richmond,VA?
Hope to see you on the road soon. Highway 711 is always fun for spirited driving.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Classic Zcar Club mobile

• Like 1

I don't want to hijack this thread, but since you guys are sort of on topic I'd like to ask a quick question. I have an 80' ZX with a perfectly good running engine/Nissan 5spd transmission. But down the road, when it does finally wear out, I'd like to pull it and ship it to Datsun Spirit to have them build a stage 3. Would you recommend that I have them rebuild the stock transmission, or find a turbo with a T5?

My $.02 worth - rebuild the NA ZX tranny.

The T5 is heavier and notchy. You'll need to get an aftermarket shift kit to make it feel smoother.

I've had several ZX trannies in both my street and race 240Z with no issues unless you count operator error.

21 hours ago, Jason240z said:

in which way?  what compared to what?

The ebay rods by max speeding, spool etc are all the same. From having used both I can tell you the short ebay L28 rods measured at 615 grams +/- 1.2 grams and were only 130.3mm long. The DSI rods are 139.5mm long, they measured at 500 grams and all were within less than 0.5 grams. In a high spec engine every bit helps, especially with quick revs. Compare the DSI piston/rod combo to the shorter Ebay rods, 690 grams less for the DSI rods alone.

Then there's the DSI pistons, a 3.4kg flywheel. Things really start to add up then. I'm not saying the ebay rods are garbage, mine served their purpose without fault but It all comes down to your build spec.

From what I can see a lot of the DSI rod & piston offerings look very similar to Kameari. 

To get back on topic, Diseazd do you know if Eiji sonic tested the block? 

Edited by riceburner

BTW.....I'm still not sure which way to go on a flywheel. I'm going 240 mm, but not sure if I want to go light or not. I have a stock 240 mm flywheel that was lightened by the Z Doc......Eiji uses a 12 lb. flywheel. I'm leaning towards the heavier wheel as I spend most of my driving where torque is needed. I know the 12 lb. wheel will spin faster, but a heavier flywheel will be easier to drive at stoplight to stoplight and in a quarter mile sprint! Any thoughts?

My engine is not a stroker but I am running a Fidanza aluminum flywheel which comes in around 10.5 pounds.  I was a little concerned that it was going to take some getting used to when I first installed it, but it has been great.  Feels pretty normal as compared to the stock setup, but the engine definitely seems to spin up faster / easier.  Would definitely go this route again in another build.

I understand where you're coming from Mike.....but I'm looking for inertia.......me and Eiji have an ongoing friendly competition going on in straight line racing.   :beer:

Edited by Diseazd
  • Like 1