IGNORED

1970 VIN 0105 for sale on CL - hurry!

M3333hp

Interesting to look at the bid history.  Initial listing was for $0.99 and the first bidder was a brave soul who jumped in and took over with a bid of $1.00.  Then, he stayed out for 45 minutes before coming back with a $3,100 bid.  He then had a proxy bid that kept him in until $7,600 a half hour later.  This will be fun to watch.

Dennis

We had a thread a while back where some one was stating private collectors were paying six digits for very low number Z's. By my math you could pay $40k for this and still not be underwater after paying someone else to restore it. It will be interesting to watch

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2017 at 8:11 PM, Patcon said:

We had a thread a while back where some one was stating private collectors were paying six digits for very low number Z's. By my math you could pay $40k for this and still not be underwater after paying someone else to restore it. It will be interesting to watch

Hmmm....six digits, huh?  I would like to read that conversation.

The seller - Harmon classics in Las Vegas got HLS30-00105's original matching engine to run. However, the video doesn't show the tail pipe to see if it smokes or not. The important thing is that it runs and that certainly increased the car's value.

Edited by lonetreesteve

17 hours ago, 26th-Z said:

Hmmm....six digits, huh?  I would like to read that conversation

26th

It was a little comment in a thread a little while back, last couple of weeks. I don't remember which thread. Maybe some one else will remember it. It was like a single line comment...

18 hours ago, 26th-Z said:

Hmmm....six digits, huh?  I would like to read that conversation.

That would be my conversation with Mike Malamut at the San Marino motor classic (formerly the LA Concours) two weeks ago.  Mike, who has his own museum with over 150 cars, had recently picked up the Blue 1970 Z off of BAT for almost $40K and Mike Sage's silver #222 for an undisclosed amount.  I probably should have asked, but I am guessing he paid $80K +/- $10K for that one.  Maybe more.  Mike said to me that there have been private party sales of low VIN 240Z below 500 in the six figures range.  Seeing as how he seems to be accumulating them, I would think he is a pretty valid source.

http://malamutautomuseumfoundation.org/

The San Marino show is pretty amazing.  Aaron Weiss is the chairman of the show and also has his own museum.  I think Aaron's museum would make Mike's look like an amateur collection.   I honestly don't know what the heck I am doing at this show given the people that are there.  Jay Leno was also there last year.

Edited by motorman7

My comment was based on my surprise and scheming mind.  The Sage HLS30-00222 is a vintage Z, one of around 37.  That's why it was so expensive and I saw the BAT auction of the blue 1970.  I'm surprised to hear as well as pleased - somewhat.

Thanks for explaining.

Edited by 26th-Z