IGNORED

49ème salon de l'automobile (Bruxelles, 01.1970) First Z in Europe?

1 hour ago, 240260280 said:

@HS30-H   Alan, would you happen to know the VIN and or any interesting info on the white 240z discussed above ( Robin Herd's)?

HS30-00034

It was given UK road registration (license plate) 'UAR 603J' and eventually embarked on a career as a race car in the 'Post Historic Road Sports Championship' during the early 1980s with owner/driver Ian Pearce, and later in the HSCC's (largely stock) Roadsports Championship in the hands of ex-BMC works driver Peter Riley and his son Tim.

Tim Riley undertook a major rebuild/update in the late 1990s/Millenium period, with more extreme modifications for different racing classes. In mid to late 2002 the car had a big accident and required yet another build, but the comprehensive roll cage protected the 'shell and it was saved after being pulled straight on a jig. I supplied some of the panels. 

I'm not sure where the car is now. I heard that Tim took it with him to New Zealand some years ago.

kG2sLC.jpg

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
On 4/11/2017 at 2:58 PM, 240260280 said:

I blame England on the Goertz Myth....started in 1970 and continued past 1995....over 25 years of it documented below!

On 4/11/2017 at 2:58 PM, 240260280 said:

I just received a British "CAR" magazine issued in March, 1970. It has coverage of the Jan. 1970 Brussels Motor Show and a couple of interesting photos of a yellow white 240z.

It seems to be a LHD Euro Spec as it is missing the rear side markers. It also has interesting  fender (wing) mirrors. They seem to be chrome and much like the rectangular door mirrors.   The tail lights are  red and  orange. There seems to be a top front bumper bar and a tow hook under the rear bumper. I  can't make out the hubcaps or wheel type.

This too may be the article that starts the Goertz myth as it bumbles his involvement as well as Yamaha involvement in the S20 DOHC engine.

The unnamed author seems to have received the message loud and clear that Nissan hoped to sell this product in large numbers to the waiting Americans going "crazy".

Note: The 240z shown in Geneva in March was a dark colour with the usual 240z single door mirror and rear side markers.

@kats and Alan, this is perfect timing for your Euro thread! This car may be as important as HLS30-00006/7/8 and still be out there. It would be interesting to track down.

Enjoy!

brussels 1970.jpg

image.png

4 hours ago, 240260280 said:

I blame England on the Goertz Myth....started in 1970 and continued past 1995....over 25 years of it documented below!

There's only one person to blame for the "Goertz Myth" and that's Goertz himself. He was busy at the 1970 New York show telling anybody who would listen that he had "designed" the 240Z that he was standing in front of. The journalists didn't come up with the story out of thin air...

New York Intl Automobile Show -1970.jpg

• Like 1

S20 had nothing to do with Yamaha ! 

If Mr. Goertz ‘ s statement were correct, it would have been meant all two-seater , fastback coupe in the world were designed by him , influenced by him after S30 debut. 

The designers in S30 design team had already known world’s beautiful sports cars and have taste of those essence.

The A550X was never be an model which they started to build . And Mr.Goertz left Nissan way before the project, he didn’t touch / teach any part of the S30 body . Mr. Goertz would never be able to answer for our any single question .

Those who want to know about , visit here

1B139A03-B94E-4FA6-A6F6-C285958255C3.png

Edited by kats
  • Like 2