IGNORED

Test report of "HLS30Q (Z Europe model) countermeasures High speed stability "

kats

Thanks for the pictures.. It seems like it was one pre-production demo car that was shown around to the press and at the shows which had a few things that didn't make it into production...

Regarding the "brussels car" i've seen another picture of it and wanted to show it here as soon as the other topic is closed.
I think it has the door mirrors installed at where the japanese fender mirrors are. As far as i know the cars where shipped without themirrors installed (to prevent damage?) and the mirrors where then installed once they arrived at their destination country distributor. I could think that it was one of the first cars and the guys in belgium just installed the mirrors where the previously shown japanese cars had them on a mistake, since they're the mirrors that where most probalby thought to be door mirrors. but i might be wrong here. just guessing, since a knowledged elderly guy just recently told me the mirrors where not installed during shipment...

10 hours ago, 240260280 said:

Those odd blinkers:

I can (as a Dutchie) tell some more about those odd things on the front bumper..

My first resto of a 240z was in 1991,  by then the cars were 20 years old and i could still get all the original parts at my local dealer,  after a while i was like a employee at the Nisssan dealer and could order all the parts i wanted myself on the microfiche system (remember computers were not used for the early car types.)

I bought then many new 240z parts also the front blinkers, they came in beautiful chrome, and.. are on my 240z till this day!

The reason for them was the Dutch RDW (sort of DMV) sayd in their regulations that blinkers on cars for the Dutch roads should have them on a sertain hight. The blinkers were standard under the bumper on a "regular"  240z and that was to low!

So my first Dutch 240z had them on the bumper for that reason.

As i then restored a 240z in 2000 the regulations were still the same and i had to change the blinkers of my USA model 240z to blinkers on the bumper..  Since about 10 years those rules are  made more liberal so the American cars no longer need the blinker mod.

Something else..   I got some rear lights from a car out of France, and...  they have no lights for reversing!  As we know a euro version has red white and orange lights/reflectors,  but this set out of France is only red and orange !!    Has any one  seen these before?  Are there more country's that have 'em?

Maybe it was an early version type i don't know, i only know i've never seen them!  (They came with a whole load of other parts i once bought from a Belgian guy and he had it from a Frenchman.)

Could not find a pic of them so these should do.. imagine the white part is also orange!  Thats what i got from France..

20140820_143351.jpg

A extra picture of a Dutch 240z with our famous soccer player Johan..

autovisie front.jpg

Translation: Johan Cruyff: also fast on the road!

(It's a nice picture, just wanted to say i HATE soccer.. so i know the man but i really do not care..haha)

• Like 1

I might be wrong, but i strongly believe the Square chrome mirrors are actually the standard door mirrors that where installed at the location of the japanese fender mirror.
If by accident or not i do not know, but given the fact (what i've been told) that the cars where shipped without mirrors installed (to prevent damage to them), the importeurs might have installed them in strange locations on early cars without knowing where they should have been installed...
In switzerland you often only see one door mirror installed and an elderly z-owner i talked to lately told me he once visited all the local datsun dealerships and collected a full bucket of passenger side mirrors that where never installed on customer cars.
By law you do not need door mirrors / fender mirrors here as long as you have the inner mirror installed and as long as you have an uninterrupted view through the hatch glass