IGNORED

EARLY 2400 Valve cover

JLPurcell

15 minutes ago, Gav240z said:

I am in 2 minds about giving up the "larger" NISSAN cover simply because they are quite expensive themselves. Happy to part with the smaller version though!

You guys are killing me with all the stuff I've gotten rid of! Had one of these too. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JSM said:

You guys are killing me with all the stuff I've gotten rid of! Had one of these too. 

You should get a storage building dedicated just for Z parts.  I have one with a bunch of other junk including a refrigerator out of a rental house that has all my small Z parts in it.

I guess it's a little too late for your stuff now though. :ermm:

I will post pictures once I get the walnut shells for my blast cabinet. I want to clean them up first. When I went to get it out I found that I had two of the early ones, and three of the later ones. The blast media should be here in the next day or two. JLP

These are the two oil caps off of my early OHC 2400 valve covers. The earliest is off of the 00029 car and has the elephant. If you look it is different than the other elephant caps on this forum. Anyone know anything about this cap. The other cap is the early "OIL" cap.IMG_0092.JPG 

IMG_0093 (1).JPG

This is one of the early valve covers I have. I have not had time to clean it up, but wanted to get a picture up. These pictures are deceiving there is no pitting the aluminum is smooth just shows its age and needs some love.:wub: 

IMG_1757.JPG

IMG_1758.JPG

Edited by JLPurcell
  • Like 1

On 2/20/2017 at 5:34 AM, Gav240z said:

Is your 1 on eBay or is that another?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/332131928746

s-l1600.jpg

No, this one seems to have been sanded on and possibly a screw broken off in one of the bracket mounting points on the top. Mine is as original no sanding, stored for 30 years+ and ready for clean up. Looking at what this one is bringing I believe that I will put at least one of mine on EBAY and see how it goes. I would help pay for some of my current project expenses!:wacko:

Edited by JLPurcell