IGNORED

New Fujitsubo Exhaust System to be Released

By the way, I believe it was John Coffey who said he had never fitted an aftermarket exhaust including a header that did not need some tweaking.  I agree and while the Stahl header did a good job around clearing the steering shaft the flange not being equal thickness to the intake was a real pain and made it very hard to seal.  I had to have a machine shop make up stepped washers, same as others have experienced.  

I think they did a "field fit" option to accommodate a variety of cars.  The muffler hanger closest to the diff on the SG one is about 2" too far but I doubled the hangers and its no big deal.  But ya, finding folks comfortable  and competent welding stainless, in our town at least, isn't easy.

Was it the new or old version? What size diff did they have? What car was it being fitted to?

They were trying to fit the old style Fujitsubo exhaust..... With "H" style resonator .... to a left hand drive 240z.
Not sure what differential?
In this case the differential didn't seem to be the cause of poor fitment like it was for me running a R200 differential.
Thus Supporting my original post at the beginning of this thread that While it's a well crafted and quality made exhaust system with beautiful welds the fitment needs improvement. Hopefully one of the reasons for the new version.

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

7 hours ago, Dreamzz said:

They were trying to fit the old style Fujitsubo exhaust..... With "H" style resonator .... to a left hand drive 240z.
Not sure what differential?
In this case the differential didn't seem to be the cause of poor fitment like it was for me running a R200 differential.
Thus Supporting my original post at the beginning of this thread that While it's a well crafted and quality made exhaust system with beautiful welds the fitment needs improvement. Hopefully one of the reasons for the new version.

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

So quite simply they were fitting an exhaust that is documented my fujitsubo not to fit.

just shows their actual level of understanding about what they fit to cars.  It’s not for big diffs.

Buttoning up the SG system is still causing some pain...the stock crankcase breather hose to PCV on the balance tube, zero chance that will reach without being very close / touching one of the primaries so I am assuming that hose will simply melt upon start up.  Has anyone ever sourced a different hose length that has those offset sizes for the crank to balance tube?  

Secondly I don't see any way to use the stock airbox as the edge sits on the header primary as well when it is moved into place.  I'm going to go take another look but if I go with the K&N filters for the SU's then that opens up needing to provision for the valve cover breather...or at least put a K&N filter on that too.  I wanted to keep the PCV system in tact if possible.

Cheers.