IGNORED

Somethings wrong...

Redwing

Just now, dmorales-bello said:

Hi Jai,

You're almost in the clear! If you uncover the seatbelt retractor mechanism, a couple of shots of WD40 and a little wiggling around will probably free the jam.

Thank you Dave.  Does the cover come off easy?  I looked at it and had decided that would be difficult.  Kinda defeatist attitude eh?  My mind is not working on all cylinders yet.  Ha!    I appreciate your help.  :D

1 hour ago, Redwing said:

Thank you Dave.  Does the cover come off easy?  I looked at it and had decided that would be difficult.  Kinda defeatist attitude eh?  My mind is not working on all cylinders yet.  Ha!    I appreciate your help.  :D

What siteunseen suggests might be a lot easier since you wouldn't have to take the cover off (definitely try it that way first) but if that doesn't work you'll have to remove the cover. The mechanism on my '78 is on top of the rear strut tower and the plastic cover comes off by removing 3 (I think) plastic clips by pushing in the pin in the center of each one. I'm not sure if it's exactly the same on your '76.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dmorales-bello said:

What siteunseen suggests might be a lot easier since you wouldn't have to take the cover off (definitely try it that way first) but if that doesn't work you'll have to remove the cover. The mechanism on my '78 is on top of the rear strut tower and the plastic cover comes off by removing 3 (I think) plastic clips by pushing in the pin in the center of each one. I'm not sure if it's exactly the same on your '76.

My roller mechanism is located at the bottom edge of my seat, between the seat and the door frame.  Seems like a close quarters to get into.  I'll have a look at it later.  I'm covered over with things I have let slide and am now just getting to them.  Ugh.

Thanks to you and Site.

Jai

• Like 1

Yayyy!  Site, your idea with the WD-40 worked perfectly on the jammed seat belt.  Only took about 2 minutes total, and no grease on the seat belt.  I had to go buy a can, and corrected the seat belt in the parking lot.  Now the seat belt just zooms out and in.  You guys are sooo smart.

I  am having a ball with RedBird out running flying trucks, that I swear they hit the gas when they see me pulling out!  Today one did that trick roaring at me, and I just floored RB.  We were to 55 in nothing flat, and he was shrinking back in my dust!!!  I'd imagine he never expected that.  My sweet RB took it in stride, no changes, no huffing or puffing from her.  I had that door to door grin again.   :D  Actually, it made my day.  Snicker!!!

Well that darned AC still is not putting out cool.  It never did do a super job.  I guess I'll just have to contact Sam who installed it to see what he will do.  That is if he has recovered and is still working.  He mentioned quitting, the abuse folks do to him has really annoyed him.  Some people really try to take advantage when they can.

"That's all folks..."

Jai

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Ha!  Talked to Sam, he told me to look for a green wire to cure the ailing A/C.  He is in a lot of pain in his feet, said to call back on Monday if that did not work.  He is not working.  I called on Monday and he qualified where the little green wire is that has a separate fuse in it is.  I thought it was  in the engine bay, but found out that no, it is inside the cabin.  No wonder I could not find it.  Still no finding it in the cabin.  Supposed to be connected to the main fuse box and the A/C control.  I could not see the control, but there is no green wire coming from that area and going to the fuse box.  Nada.  Has me wondering if it accidentally was not connected.  Last fall the A/C put out very little cool air.  But I had been told that it would get very cold, another nada.  Over the winter having turned the handle in the engine, it put out good heat.  But now after I reversed it, not a drop of cool.  So I am waiting to call Sam again to see if he will look for it for me.  It certainly got hot the end of last week, in the 90's.  Yukky driving then.  But we are to have a a few cooler days now, so not as bad driving.  Hope to connect with Sam before the heat returns later this week.  I am not a heat lover, I need to be cool.

More when it happens...

Jai

On 4/30/2017 at 4:18 PM, SteveJ said:

Jai might just have to get the alternator/VR fixed then come over to my house to get the other things worked on. I can cover a lot more ground at my place with all my tools avail

Steve, it looks like my June finances will allow me to make that trip over that you mentioned.  RedBird is running well, but the he A/C is not.  Last week I called Sam, he had his wife answer, which is avoiding me.  I had not called him since January, so you know I've  definitely not been bugging him.  So I doubt he will look at RB again.  Which will make it a bit harder running down the A/C gremlin.  Not knowing exactly what he did to "get around" the misfit of the A/C.  Don't know anything else to do except leave him alone.  It is sad he is in so much pain.  He is a good man.

So, figure out when it would be convenient for you and let me know.  I would like more than 48 hours advance warning if you don't  mind.  Hahaha, takes me longer to get ready than it used to.  Golden years (?) am I really there?  OH  NO!  Say it isn't  so.

Have a good one...

Jai

7 hours ago, Redwing said:

Steve, it looks like my June finances will allow me to make that trip over that you mentioned.  RedBird is running well, but the he A/C is not.  Last week I called Sam, he had his wife answer, which is avoiding me.  I had not called him since January, so you know I've  definitely not been bugging him.  So I doubt he will look at RB again.  Which will make it a bit harder running down the A/C gremlin.  Not knowing exactly what he did to "get around" the misfit of the A/C.  Don't know anything else to do except leave him alone.  It is sad he is in so much pain.  He is a good man.

So, figure out when it would be convenient for you and let me know.  I would like more than 48 hours advance warning if you don't  mind.  Hahaha, takes me longer to get ready than it used to.  Golden years (?) am I really there?  OH  NO!  Say it isn't  so.

Have a good one...

Jai

Probably June 30th or July 1st or 2nd. I'm taking time off from work.

I know you need me to look at your tachometer and AC. What else? 

• Like 1

On 5/28/2017 at 11:52 PM, SteveJ said:

Probably June 30th or July 1st or 2nd. I'm taking time off from work.

I know you need me to look at your tachometer and AC. What else? 

Hi Steve,

Thank you for giving me an idea about when I can drive over for your tech knowledge to work on RedBird.  These are some things that need attention.  

First the A/C.  Find that green wire Sam spoke about.  I am melting when out and driving.  Then the tach you also mentioned.

Flashers are working intermittently, they are non working now.

Back up lights quit totally.

Horn has never worked.

There is that spring you have that will fix my drivers door lock assembly.

Take out radio and replace with new one that fits the hole in the dash.  The one now sticks out because the A/C is behind it.

There is probably more, but that is all I can think of.  I'm sure this list is way too much to get done in one day anyhow.

Looking forward to my visit.

Thanking you again...

Jai

• Like 1

6 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Here's my green wire on the red 240 I had.  It follows the freon hose from the compressor to inside the cabin I think, I sold that car.  Might help?

green wire.jpg

Thank you Site.  It will help when I get someone to work on it.  Steve has offered, but that is 30 days away and I am melting in this heat. Ugh.

Jai