IGNORED

Yet Another 73 240z on BAT

S30Driver

The comments are interesting.  At least two CZCC members.  I think that SCRAPPYDO s the seller.  He comments like one.  $30K show car!  Win prizes!

Dec 13 at 11:26 AM

Well we have seen them come and go lately, right! This one here is a peach of a car. The modification of the bumpers and the carbs should scare nobody. Those are easily remedied if a show car is what you want. The car has been massaged by the current owner to be driven and enjoyed. The only thing I would probably do is add a set of 15″ panasports and some more aggressive rubber, but not roll your fenders aggressive. Nice ride and grip that would not overwhelm the chassis. As presented this is a turn key car show winner. I fully expect to see that one go past 30k.

Oops.  Apparently SCRAAPYDO may not be the seller.  Although he sells more than the seller does.  Maybe it's on consignment.

Dec 14 at 3:05 PM

@jas280z we won’t charge any additional dealer fees, we’re a small time dealer, the buyer is responsible for the taxes and licensing in their state. thanks

When I last checked it is at $16.9k. Saw this car today. It has nice curb appeal. Dash has a cap, aftermarket bumpers & radio, LS mirror mounted on RS, everything has been touch. Floors are covered with dynamat and underside under coated. No evidence of "RUST" or what's under the new paint. I guess is it will get to 30k +/- some. A PPI would be in order and a paint depth measure. Overall nice car.

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

What's kind of funny here is that the market should, logically, be flooded with 1973 240Z's based on this single auction.  Most 1973 240Z owners would be making a big profit, from what I've gathered.  The 73 is the least desirable of the early Z's due to the smog equipment.  Right?

Maybe it's the Z's time in the spotlight.

There have been a number of the last year 240's on the market lately.  That year is the most difficult to bring back to factory original.   The market is strong right now for the classic Datsun's on BAT.   The vast majority of the 73's are no longer running the smog pump I believe.

The silver one on the right, I consider very desirable & in the year and a half it has been in the spotlight, has done very well for itself at a few shows.:)   I know what you are saying though - I think all the S30's are getting a lot of attention from the collector car community now.

Me&Zup.JPG

I understand the 73's have some unique things about them that can make them less desirable, but there are some things about them that I like. They have delay wipers, they are the only year and I assume they have one of the most sorted electrical systems as opposed to the early cars...

As for the emissions, it's gone on almost every Z I ever see here. I would run SU's or triples anyway so it doesn't matter to me what it had originally...

I really like that Silver car ^^^ the owners ok too... ;)

Edited by Patcon