IGNORED

History Channel

DakotaZ

Well, I finally was able to view the entire Z Car show that played on the History Channel last Saturday in the US. I was somewhat disappointed at the lack of depth of the information presented, but I guess that my expectations are higher than the average (non Z fanatic) History Channel viewer. My favorite parts were the interviews with Mr. K and the racing sequences. The tape of the show is worth keeping, but it really just whetted my appetite for a better video with more information.

Originally posted by daddz

It was while I was reading a write-up from the classiczregister.org website last evening that I remembered that tape. I believe that article was written by....Alan T

daddz,

I have absolutely no idea what you are referring to ( ???? ). I have contributed to the newsletter of the Classic Z Register in the past, but I had no idea any of my stuff was up on the web. Where the hell is it?

Alan T.

Alan T,

I have found the URL that is housing your article and the link is here:

http://www.classiczregister.org/html/magazine.html

I believe the following is your article:

http://www.classiczregister.org/Article2.pdf

I hope this doesn't present a complication for you as a professional writer.

Thanks again for the background surrounding those two videos that were recorded onto one tape.

Originally posted by daddz

I hope this doesn't present a complication for you as a professional writer.

Professional writer? :ermm: :ermm: :ermm: Me????!!! I thought professionals do it for money..... I should be so lucky.

Thanks for the heads-up and the links. I had no idea that was up on the web. Damn near frightened the life out of me........

Alan T.

I finally saw it on tape. It was a snooze, little technical stuff and no manufacturing footage. It seemed that at least 1/4 of the show was just a Z or two driving by the camera. The only thing it said about each new model was that it "was more luxourious".

I did like the part about killing the British sports car imports. I had forgotten jus how quickly they died off after the Z came to market in the early 70's. Of course they did not mention anything about the Z's competion from the RX7 in the late 70's and early 80's leading to big changes in the design of the Z's ...