IGNORED

History Channel

DakotaZ

Set those VCR's. I saw in the newspaper today that the "Nissan's Sporty Z Car" will be on the History Channel at 9:00 am (central time) next Saturday. I'm sure that the History Channel runs the same shows coast to coast just different times.

Originally posted by DakotaZ

Set those VCR's. I saw in the newspaper today that the "Nissan's Sporty Z Car" will be on the History Channel at 9:00 am (central time) next Saturday. I'm sure that the History Channel runs the same shows coast to coast just different times.

www.historychannel.com 10:00 AM Eastern and Pacific

Originally posted by Arizona240z

I just set the TIVO to record and 2 shows came up. They are probably the same show but who knows. The first is on Friday morning at 8PST and it is part of the "Voyages" series. The one you mentioned was just listed under Automobiles.

Hmmm, maybe TIVO is confused, or maybe History Channel is...... see

History Channel's 4/18 Friday Schedule

and

History Channel's 4/19 Saturday Schedule

Remember, Arizona doesn't use Daylight Savings Time like most of the country. Just an FYI for those without a TIVO to help schedule recording.

And for those with DirecTV, they use the Eastern feed of History channel, so it will be on at 7AM Pacific time, 8AM Mountain, 9AM Central, 10AM Eastern on Saturday.

What your TiVo finds is hopefully on what cable you have. There's a second history channel (TV guide online calls it "History International East") which does appear to be running the Z show twice on Friday the 18th (11AM and 4PM EST) as well as once on Saturday the 19th (4AM EST) as well as the 10AM EST showing on the regular history channel. You can search for it yourself at http://www.tvguide.com

Even though I haven't seen it yet the show is actually a re-run that's several years old. You can even order the VHS tape from their web page (although for North America only, sorry). Users in Australia saw it a month or so ago so I guess you'll have to just keep checking your local schedule. I would have missed it had someone here not noticed it.

Yeah it's quite an old documentary...

Just keep regular checks to your guide and sooner or later it'll probably show up.

It played in Australia a month or so ago and was played here about a year ago too...

Originally posted by 240paul

Is this being shown in the UK? - I have searched the listing for the UK and can not find it :( :( Paul

Paul,

Don't be too disappointed if its not on anytime soon. It's really not as exciting as it might sound................

There are some nice clips in it ( especially the racing stuff - but that's pretty chopped up and makes you thirsty for more ) but really its a bit hackneyed and tends to trot out the usual old chestnuts.

Ironically, Mr Katayama is just about the central figure in the programme. I say ironically, as the narrator sounds like he's reading from one of the many inaccurate books on the subject - and mentions about Goertz and the BMW 507 etc etc. This is funny, as Mr K. is one of the people who will tell you that Goertz had nothing to do with the S30-series Z.

Mind you, if its on the "History Channel" then I guess it MUST be true.................

Alan T.

Originally posted by HS30-H

Mind you, if its on the "History Channel" then I guess it MUST be true.................

ROFL

So... wait... Pandas AREN'T endangered???! ..no wait, that's the national geographic channel. Phew!

That was just a story put about by Pandas to try and get sympathy and more Bamboo shoots.

In fact, Pandas are not an Endangered Species any more.

We just had a family of them move in down the road from us, and they are tearing up the shrubbery in front of their house, hanging around all day long sitting on piles of tyres and chewing on stalks . Brings the neighbourhood down.

The father has a Toyota Previa that looks like it was a Guang Dong taxi before he got it; not a straight panel anywhere, and he doesn't care about biffing other cars when he's parking. No spatial awareness, these Pandas.

Bet they are on Government support payment too.............

Alan T.