How Do I hate Rebuilt Components? Brake Booster - Page 4 - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

How Do I hate Rebuilt Components? Brake Booster

Featured Replies

Blue will not be embellished with stickers. It is a test mule ?

Wondering. For those of you that have taken a booster apart, how difficult was it to separate the housing?

Did you fabricate a tool like shown in the FSM to twist it apart?

10 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

What'cha testing?

Besides your previously disclosed rust test...   :ph34r:

Next up will be carbs and new linkage mods... then a single 55DCO with custom manifold.

12 hours ago, Lumens said:

Wondering. For those of you that have taken a booster apart, how difficult was it to separate the housing?

Did you fabricate a tool like shown in the FSM to twist it apart?

Yes, I have done it. I did make up a tool for leverage. They can be difficult to reassemble. I found that squeezing the two shells together made assembly possible

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
19 hours ago, Patcon said:

I did make up a tool for leverage

Here's a picture of that tool, copied from 240260280's rebuild write-up on the old AtlanticZ website.  A pragmatic solution (and environmentally sustainable, too!)

image.png

  • Author

That wooden "tool" looks very similar to what I did as well.

Mine's shorter though, and I screwed a couple blocks to the ends that I can squeeze together with my vise.  I lost leverage because my planks are shorter, but I gained force by being able to put it in my large bench vise.

My tool was similar but I used a piece of plywood in the center with 2x4 arms screwed to each end. About 5' long overall. I used some wood working clamps to squeeze it with the bottom half held by a vise. Lots of leverage

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.