IGNORED

Stirring the pot - Popular Contributors

Zed Head

Seems a bit slow, so...anybody know what the Popular Contributors column signifies?  What is being contributed and how is it being quantified?  Seriously, I don't know what it means or what to do with it.  Nothing to click on.  Give me a clickable thing!!!

p.s.  why would an ad for sleep mask problems be on the page?  Anybody else get sleep mask ads?  

Pop con.PNG

Edited by Zed Head

No sleep mask ads on mine. Somewhere, someone thinks I want to buy a new full size pickup or should. I haven't searched for anything remotely close to a new vehicle of any kind. Something tells me you haven't searched sleep aid products. The ads on the right side of the screen seem to be linked to companies that I've done business with. I get a lot of Guitar Center ads on the right.

@MikeI have used that G.C. link to purchase an expensive harmonica on line. I don't know if that boosted revenue for the club. (I hope so) I don't know how that whole system works. If the purchase did boost revenue is there a way to expand the quantity of links so we can add to the income?

21 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Zed Head those full face vaporizers you like are the reason. LOL

I jimmy rigged a scuba mask.

Way TMI!

I am in a legal weed state though (state being Oregon, not state of mind), and AdSense probably knows where my ISP server is.  It would be somewhat ironic if marijuana use caused sleep apnea, leading to people buying CPAP masks but converting them for alternative uses.  Vicious cycle.

• 1 month later...

@MikeI have used that G.C. link to purchase an expensive harmonica on line. I don't know if that boosted revenue for the club. (I hope so) I don't know how that whole system works. If the purchase did boost revenue is there a way to expand the quantity of links so we can add to the income?

Mark, Hey just saw this again, not sure why it took so long to get back to you. Anyway thanks for purchasing from one of our links. If you followed all the way to a purchase we did see some small boost I'm sure. We could start doing more targeted ads to raise our click income but I probably would have never thought to advertise a harmonica company. ;) this is a good idea though, I might see if I can find some targeted ads and post those on the site. Right now I'm putting a preference in the ad system for automotive type ads so you guys should see more of those for sure. There's a lot to learn about advertising and I'm still not getting the best bang for our buck yet. In the old days (3-4 years ago) we were seeing 15-20 dollars a day. Now we are only clearing about 5-7 dollars. A big drop for sure.

M

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club

Hi Mike

The harmonica I bought was from Guitar Center. I didn't know if the club would receive any funds from my purchase but since I was ordering a harmonica I used the pop up ad on the club site instead of G.C.'s website. Glad that it helped out. I'm curious if you can track the incoming funds from purchases like my previous one.

Mark

Didn't know it worked like that; from now on if I plan to buy anything from a company that advertises here I'll use the link instead of going from Google.

What if I just want to look instead of buying? Does that help the site?