IGNORED

1975 280z base brake booster

Dave WM

Brake booster developed a leak, got a replacement from auto zone (video later) odd thing was I had to install it upside down (the booster port was low and on fender side, now its high and on the engine side), for the holes to line up on the fire wall. There is a slight offset on the fire wall side between the 4 mount lugs and the main pushrod that goes to the pedal. Just wondering if anyone else noticed this? It was a 88031 IIRC booster from power brake exchange.

Sometimes the seals will have part numbers on them that identify the size and materials used, even if the brand is defunct.  The seal form, depth, diameter, and material type are often buried in the part number.  A good seal and bearing shop could measure it for you and find one that will work.  I found an old furnace pump seal that way.  They didn't even blink, just looked at it and went to the back room.

1 hour ago, siteunseen said:

Here's some Nissan numbers you may check around and find.  rebuild kit A & kit B

I looked a little bit. Everything I saw was NLA. I believe Fastwoman requested one of these kits years ago at the Nissan parts counter and they couldn't get them and they had never seen one

I had a pretty good day at the yard today. I found a 90 degree check valve of the same size and material (brass) that came with the replacement booster (it was straight out the back which did not work well when the outlet was on the opposite side making the factory hose not workable. Also found a hose that works well with the new fitting for a factory look. will post up some videos later. Will hang on to the orig hose in case there is ever a need to return to the orig setup (the car is pretty much a survivor but for the masters and clutch slave).