IGNORED

door mirrors

sweatybetty

I bought some silver bullet mirrors that I will try to find. They look like the ones people run on the front fenders on 510's and old Z's.  I ordered them from someone that came up through the forum. They were ordered from a vendor so I was able to order the passenger side with the wide view lens.

UK made polished SS bullet mirrors. Great quality and vintage look but limited visibility. I compensated for the latter with 3.5" convex wide angle mirrors glued over the originals (driver and passenger side). Still takes a little getting used to.

DSC01784 (1).JPG

DSC01768.JPG

DSC01780.JPG

DSC01782.JPG

Edited by dmoralesbello

I'm running modified mirrors from a 96 Buick Park Avenue. They were also used on a couple other GM products from similar year range. I had to modify the mounting area to better match the contour of the Z door. They aren't fancy racing mirrors, but I think they look like they belong. Here's a couple pics:

P1060117_zpsuy4ijfmw.jpg

P1060116_zpsulf1wdsy.jpg

P1060118_zpsgydq4r57.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dmoralesbello said:

UK made polished SS bullet mirrors. Great quality and vintage look but limited visibility. I compensated for the latter with 3.5" convex wide angle mirrors glued over the originals (driver and passenger side). Still takes a little getting used to.

dmoralesbello, is that orange z going to have the fairlady tail lights that you just bought off ebay?

For mirrors, if you have a 280z, the factory racing mirrors look good. The chrome stock looking 240z mirrors also look good.

280ZRacingMirrors2.jpg

my280z.JPG

lowered.jpg

Edited by hr369

53 minutes ago, hr369 said:

dmoralesbello, is that orange z going to have the fairlady tail lights that you just bought off ebay?

Whoa! I guess you're Greg Hassen. Pretty cool.

Yes, those Fairlady tail lights are going on that orange Z. I think it'll make the car a bit more interesting and unique.

I guess I'm just partial to the look of the bullet mirrors over the other choices, To me they look retro cool and in perfect scale and style with the lines of the Z. 

21 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

They aren't fancy racing mirrors, but I think they look like they belong

CO,

Are those powered or could they be? They have a good shape for the car, if only they were the right color... :P

They are power mirrors, but I'm not using the power capabilities. I have the wiring harness rolled up into a ball and stuffed behind the glass inside the mirror housing. Maybe someday I'll go through the effort to run some wires out to the door and wire them up.

And maybe someday I'll go through the effort to paint them.  :P

I'm still trying to make my car work perfect. I haven't gotten to the look perfect part yet!!

On 3/28/2016 at 7:45 PM, hr369 said:

lowered.jpg

i have these on mine and they look very nice but the passenger side mirror doesn't really exist (at least not that i could find - anyone else?) so i bought 2 drivers side and flipped one upside down for the passenger side. i'm assuming that's what you're seeing in the pic above. the 2 problems with this are: 1) the mount angle is off, so if you're standing in front of the car you can see the passenger side mirror stalk tilts upwards more than the drivers side - not a huge deal for me but some may find this objectionable 2) the drivers side mirror is flat, and completely useless if you actually want to see anything out your passenger side other than a single headlight from an adjacent car, so i glued a cheap convex mirror onto the face of it - looks a little goofy, view is pretty distorted, takes some getting used to, but works ok.

• Like 1

I love mine.

They are from 70s to about 1990 Jag XJS's.  A bit heavy, but the coverage is good, very good.  They are the only mirrors that I have had on that, in conjunction with the interior rearview, completely eliminates blindspots.  Does give the car a bit of the Third World Dictator look, but I can deal with that.

Chris

post-16944-14150814864907.jpg

• 2 weeks later...