IGNORED

Rear spoiler for a 1971 240Z

Zedyone_kenobi

23776492004_013dd2f713_b.jpg

Well here it is.  This is just plasti-dip flat black. I think if I painted it the same color as the rear tail light panel, it would look better. But overall, any opinions?

One interesting thing. My car at one time had the BRE 6 bolt spoiler on it.  I had holes drilled for it. However my current spoiler appears to be an MSA version with only 2 bolts holding it at the very outer edge of the trunk lid.  One great thing that came from all of this is I reshimmed the hatch, and now all my squeaks have stopped! It was a very loose fitting trunk hatch before, but I took all but one shim from each side and it closes with an almost European thump now. I am VERY impressed at how well it turned out (read as: I got lucky)

Hurray

Edited by Zedyone_kenobi
  • Like 1

I don't love it black, but I do like the contrast.  In the gray color of the tail light panel, I think you'd have a winner!

So, are you saying that the MSA version is better, or just that it's different?  I need to buy a BRE spoiler and I'm torn between the MSA, BRE1 or BRE2.

Oh no judgement on better or worse, just different. The BRE has 6 mounting points. The MSA has only two. That is all I was saying. I will probably order a can of tail light paint from http://www.classicdatsun.com/

And I plan to run a BRE spoiler when I have time to find one.  Like the contrast as well. The only question is do I get one with the flat part for the 240Z badge or plain. I am kind of partial to the plain. 

I have many different colors on my 918 colored car, my avatar. Black spoilers to match the rocker stripes, gunmetal wheels match the rear finisher. Msa has some satin. black rewinds I wish I had but they didn't have them when I bought my gunmetals, damn it!!! I would buy them but recently quit the easiest job I've ever had. Never work for friends or family, they get the I'm smarter than you or you wouldn't be working here for me, I would be working for you. Which is true but don't throw that in my face more than once asshole. Rant over, thanks!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zedyone_kenobi said:

Oh no judgement on better or worse, just different. The BRE has 6 mounting points. The MSA has only two. That is all I was saying. I will probably order a can of tail light paint from http://www.classicdatsun.com/

And I plan to run a BRE spoiler when I have time to find one.  Like the contrast as well. The only question is do I get one with the flat part for the 240Z badge or plain. I am kind of partial to the plain. 

I originally painted mine in contrast like you have now. However I didn't use black. I painted the spoiler same color as the tail light panel.

After many years like that I wanted a change and now went back the same color as the car on the spoiler. I think if you do the spoiler and tail

light panel the same color you will like it even better.

I am trying to order a spoiler now from BRE.  I will order some paint as well to match the rear tail light surround. This way I will have both, a body color and a darker grey.

This is my last splurge until I start my saving for some kameari seats. It is either these or a leather redo of my OEM seats, which look lovely now, but I think really need some new foam!

1863_pd2151927_1.png

We are after the same parts ; )

Im looking for the same seats, they are beautiful. 

But the cost of shipping and taxes/fees Japan - Sweden are high, Very high! So ill have to save up and make it a winter project next year : (

There are also a variation of these seats that are cheaper and very small and of low quality.