IGNORED

70-74 Center stock front valance panel needed

zKars

Rarely do I get to beg for assistance with parts, but I need help finding something.

I'm working on a nice early 71, and need a nice stock front center front valance panel. This is the trim body panel that spans across the front under the bumper between the left and right valance panels that hold the turn/marker light assemblies on the 70-74 240/260. 

Straightness trumps rust condition or color, although minimal rust is best of course. Show me what you have and what you'd like for it.  Sorry the 75-78 center valance panel does not work in this application. I have infinite fun things to trade, just let me know what you'd like. Remember I'm in the land of the 70 cent / US dollar up here in Canadia, so be kind with your asking price.

Surely many of you have replaced the stock pieces with one of the lovely eurathane air dams. Please don't tell me you "just tossed mine", I'll cry.

Well, when I replaced the valance and corners on my 74, I tossed the old ones because they were beaten up.

On the other hand, before I did that, I bought valance and corners for a 74, but I don't know if it would fit a 71 properly.

On http://www.carpartsmanual.com, the corners are the same, but there are at least 3 center pieces. I don't know if you could adapt the one I have easily.

I'll keep zcarsource in mind. I have to make a little heat escape this winter that neck of the woods so I'll bring one back if I don't find one by then.

Steve, if the panel you have is for the early 260 with the 240 like skinny chrome bumper, it may be ok. THe late 260 has the 280 valence components. Definite no-fit. Can you measure the width distance between the pair of mount holes on each end? and the overall width of the panel? Maybe post a picture. Or just send all that to z240@shaw.ca. 

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...