IGNORED

C.L. Parting out a 71

Mark Maras

Too bad you are so far away.  I could use a whole roof.  I had a chance at the last roof skin that Courtesy had but they wanted $1600 for it.  Just wasn't able to do that much at that time, still can't, but would like one at a reasonable price  :)

Bonzi Lon

I would cut it off pack it and throw it on a Greyhound bus.

I had a whole quarter sent from Wash State to Buffalo for a very reasonable price using their parcel service.

Casey

Ditto on Greyhound. I have had whole bumper assemblies shipped all over the place for reasonable money.

Patcon

Those were my thoughts too. I think it could easily be done and actually end up with one good car in the process. All the stars are aligned to do it. Have orig. early 71 with title & rusted out body. Now have late 71 rolling chassis, no title. I almost want to do it just to see if it's possible but I'm not going to do it.  

What could have been. SIGH

I will add this, if you were to remove the firewall from your rusty car or most of it and graft it into the new chassis as well as some other parts. Did you really move vin's or did you rebuild the shell with a lot of other parts.

Too bad you are so far away.  I could use a whole roof.  I had a chance at the last roof skin that Courtesy had but they wanted $1600 for it.  Just wasn't able to do that much at that time, still can't, but would like one at a reasonable price  :)

Bonzi Lon

I may also have a roof skin too. Would have to look...

Bonzi--

Check your inbox. You have a PM.

Mark and Charles---

I've got a roof donor for Bonzi and I'm about 1,000---2,000 miles closer to him.

Great of both of you to try to help, but believe me I think mine will "git er dun" with a lot less expense/hassle.

Jim D.

"Zup"

• Like 2

I hadn't thought about the under cowl area. I'll check it out. If my memory is correct both doors looked straight. I think I remember a 1" blister on the paint on one door. The blister is large enough that i'm pretty sure it will have a hole when cleaned. The insides of the doors will tell the story. 

What is the best way to ship large parts to Canada? Can they go by bus?

Mark

I hadn't thought about the under cowl area. I'll check it out. If my memory is correct both doors looked straight. I think I remember a 1" blister on the paint on one door. The blister is large enough that i'm pretty sure it will have a hole when cleaned. The insides of the doors will tell the story. 

What is the best way to ship large parts to Canada? Can they go by bus?

Mark

Yes, it can go by via Greyhound parcel and ship to Buffalo NY and I pick it up there.

Brought it to it's new dismantling home this morning. Got lucky. I found the hood being used as an engine cover on the other side of the yard. He threw it in with the rest. Inside the car I found a P79 and an E88 head. Both complete with cams and valves.

Interesting car. HLS30 39360. 71.  Aug. I think. 72-73 body with vert. def. hatch glass. Appears to original.

I'll be taking more pics in the next few days as I clean it out.

240Ziggy

That sounds easy enough. I'll let you know what I find below the cowl.

Wheeel

I'm a little farther than that from Linden, Wash. Where there's a will, there's a way. We've got plenty of will so there has to be a way. Anyone have any experience moving body panels and large parts across the border, legally and cheap? Back in the 70s," it" was done with just a bit of creative thinking and a bit of adrenaline. Pretty sure I'll sleep better than I did back then if it's done legally. :)